1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1988 Hawk GT his/hers

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by 123user, May 17, 2022.

1. 123user

123user Active Member

It’s been 9 months now since my hip replacement and it’s pretty obvious I am done riding anything. I was holding out hope on these, but it just isn’t going to happen.

Anyway, I have a pair of 1988 hawks that are taking up space.
    The grey one is stock other than clip-ons, TBR “street” headers with mystery can, and jetting. To be honest, I this bike is made of parts “swept from the floor” back when I was actively racing Hawks. That means numbers don’t match. Depending on your state laws, you might have to buy a couple bits. In Missouri turn signals and mirrors are not required thus bike has none. Everything works and it was a good runner pre-surgery.

The red Hawk is a real gem. Put together by a friend that has since passed from Alzheimer’s. It has F3 forks, a Fox shock, TBR mild cams, 700 kit, 41mm FCR’s, TBR rear set risers, TBR ignition advance, M4 race exhaust with Muzzy can, dual output vacuum fuel pump, and best of all… TBR 4th and 5th gears!
    Heads are stockish, but this bike really pulls. It’s as strong as my old 748/853 up to about 80mph.

Both have good rubber, although the gem Hawk has wrong tire sizes because my dead friend’s stupid-ass wife is stupid!

Anyway, $5k takes the pair. Located in the suburban St.Louis, MO area.

Attached Files:

2. ROSSIFAN

ROSSIFAN Well-Known Member

Do you still have these? I am interested in the pair. Please shoot me an email with your contact info.