1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1986 GSXR750 for sale

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by 72westie, Feb 25, 2011.

1. 72westie

72westie Well-Known Member

My buddy just threw this up on craigslist, I don't know much about it.

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/mcy/2233714925.html

Ad text:
    I have for sale a 1986 GSXR 750 slingshot. This bike has never been raced. It was a street bike its whole life. Most of these bikes were raced back in the day and you hardly ever see an un-raced original
    It starts up runs fine goes down the road fine and sounds great. It has a Yoshimura pipe,Mikuni flat slide carbs,steering damper , front fork brace, rear seat cowl and clear headlight cover on it.

At the asking price of $2750.00 I will include a 1986 GSXR front fender (black) it has the sleeker 87 style on it now, a stock GSXR750 pipe in good condition, a Suzuki GSXR factory service manual, a new Bridgestone rear tire, a new dash assembly (the foam part), a new ignition switch assembly ( the one on it works fine but is the wrong type of key), a clear windsheild bubble, a rear wheel stand, and a rare yoshimura ignition side cover.

it does not have the stock airbox ,stock carbs or rear seat rail.

Clear Ohio title in my name.

2. 72westie

72westie Well-Known Member

Not a Sling-Shot.

3. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Nice bike, glws

4. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Man I love those bikes. WTF makes one a sling shot anyway?

5. mavrik82

mavrik82 Well-Known Member

88/89 are the "slingshots". supposed to have been the shape of the carb. 88/89 was a different short stroke 750, 1990 they went back to the old stroke.

6. bigtwin100

bigtwin100 Well-Known Member

Man ncie bike. a little too much for me at the moment but good luck

7. bigtwin100

bigtwin100 Well-Known Member

Why did the 88 say slingshot on the tail and the 89 didn't? curious