1986 Gsxr 1100

Discussion in 'General' started by Thug Life, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Thug Life

Thug Life My name is Chris!

Anyone know, what a mint condition blue & white 1100, could be worth.

3256 Original miles!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2009
  2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Mint as in original plastic, very few scratches and the original exhaust comes with it?

Blue book is almost nothing. How much you asking?

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not much sadly. Cool bike.

4. amafan

amafan Banned

I owned a 1986 GSXR 1100 the red and blue and gray model , and a 1990 GSXR 1100 the blue and white model , best looking bike I ever owned , and a 1993 GSXR 1100 the gray and purple model that I traded in when I bought my 1999 GSX 1300R coper and gray Hayabusa.

5. Thug Life

Mint oem off the show room floor! dunno what to ask, I'm not greedy.

6. iagsxr

iagsxr Well-Known Member

3256 original miles like it's been lightly ridden and maintained for 23 years, or 3256 miles like it's sat since '87?

Post pics, location...

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

To someone who wants it, it's worth their soul. lol!

$4500 ~ $5500 is not out of line if it's as you describe. Maybe more, but you'll turn it for that.

Where you located?

8. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

please post pics of it.

9. Thug Life

properly maintained, brake fluid and all fluids changed yearly. ridden once in a while. Kept in storage, bikes in greenville south carolina. Can post pic when i get home.

10. Shenanigans

Not far from me. DaveK if u buy it, i`ll deliver it to ya at VIR

11. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

and then you can race V7HW:D

12. Shenanigans

madbrad has offered his trick 900 rr too. Decisions decisions:beer:

13. GAMBLER

GAMBLER Neard supporter

does it have a twelve o clock bar? if so I might be interested.

Are you willing to work a trade? I could trade you lifetime supply of Red Bull, a chipped PS3, & the first season of the OC on dvd, limited collectors edition.

14. G 97

G 97 Garth

I picked up one of these back in college. Brand new OTD it was around $4200 if I remember. It was bad ass, thing ran like a raped ape. So damn light. But being oil cooled it always sounded like it was one RPM away from imploding. You could really hear the motor, it seemed way loose. Good bike. :beer:
    Wish I knew about racing back then. :(

15. Gehr

Gehr whAt mE woRRy?

I've still got one of those. :up:

I think I put 3K miles on it during the first month I owned it though! Have wanted to sell it on & off over the years but I have WAY too much time & effort into it to sell it to some kid whose going to destroy it so I have backed out of a few deals. Some pictures?

[​IMG]

Yeah, it's got a Race Tech Gold Valve kit in those forks which basically disables the not-so-functional anyway factory Suzuki NEAS anti-dive system.

[​IMG]

Has the later model 17" GSX-R wheels mounted & did that using sleeves over the axles so the larger diameter wheel bearings would work. Definitely the best mod you can do for that bike IMHO. Allows you to run modern radial tires & even with the wider rear tire it turns noticeably quicker.

[​IMG]

It has a bit of fabrication done to it. No room in the stock location for the aftermarket coils so I made a place for them out of stainless steel stock where the stocker airbox used to be.

[​IMG]

Did a lot of nickel plating of parts, triple clamps, fork brace, carb slide covers etc. Lots of stainless fasteners & nylock nuts used throughout.

Whatcha think?

:beer:

Last edited: Jan 10, 2009
  16. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

That's a slick bike fo rsure...very nice.

As for the one for sale, I think you might get $3800-$4000 for it if you get a little lucky. IMO don't sell it...you'll regret it. I regret ever selling my 85 VF1000R, and while it was a really 'nice' bike, it was crap re: performance compared to what you have, and I still miss it. If it was actually a great bike I'd be drinking away my sorrow every night.

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'll own another '86 GSXR 750.

18. racerfranz

racerfranz All done

I was looking at an `86 at the dealer in `89 and at a new `89 1100, and ended up buying the `89 and it was my first racebike. Always somewhat regretted not getting the `86, they have soul, man. so beatiful... I'd pay $3500. for a sweet one, if my wife lets me...:eek:

19. racerfranz

racerfranz All done

ahhh, what the hell am I sayin'? I don't have any money for that...:mad::tut:

20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

$5, I'll give you $10.

That's a sweet bike man.