190 tire in world supersport??

Discussion in 'Tech' started by MELK-MAN, May 14, 2009.

1. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Are you talking about the AMA spec tire or the D211 NTEC's?

I wasn't clear but I was talking about the NTEC's.

2. Dr. GoFast

Dr. GoFast Well-Known Member

199mm is the GP-A. the 190 211 is 190mm's.. 200 from fontana were 211 NTECHS. there is no 180 in either GP-A or 211.

3. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Does the "A" in "GP-A" stand for american cause I know there are some British DOTs that are 180's.

4. Dr. GoFast

Dr. GoFast Well-Known Member

^ i believe it does- yes. i think the original 209 ntechs were made in 180. (not to be confused with the american-made "GP209" which is made in america and only comes in 190... it's non-tech).

5. Blue Junk

Blue Junk Well-Known Member

Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear. We didn't have an option. Pirelli makes an executive decision before they send tires to any one venue, and decide whether they send 180's or 190's. hen the WSS guys show up, they only have the option of what Pirelli sent to that venue.

Is the mud clearing...:up:

6. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

YES! It is now quite clear. 180 tires AND 190 tires are used in WSS competition, but as you indicated, Pirelli makes the decision as to which one based on the event. From there is is ONLY a 180 for that race, OR a 190 based on what they chose. Got it. Thanks!
    It is evident then that at some tracks/conditions, a 190 would be the better choice and Pirelli would go that direction putting all riders on that tire for that event..or vis versa if a 180 was the tire.
    4 pages later we have a winner!

7. vrc

vrc Well-Known Member

the answer was on page 1....it just took you 4 pages to believe it.:Poke:

8. Blue Junk

I can see where Greg was a bit confused on this response. It wasn't exactly clear that you only have 1 rear size option at any one venue, but they DO manufacture/use both sizes. Just not at the same venue.

Oh, and the front was the SC2. The 4782 or whatever it was wasn't ideal...:beer:

9. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Not sure where you got this. I never saw this stated. I got the impression they could offer 180 and 190 at the same venue.

10. Blue Junk

The guy manning the table where we turned in our order forms, told me that they only offer a 180 or a 190 at any one venue. Both were not offered at the same time.

11. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

so.. that being said does your rider prefer the 180 or 190, or both depending on the situation?

12. Blue Junk

We only did the round here at Miller, so we only rode the 180. But we have both ridden on the 190 here and preferred the 180. I didn't care for the rear as much as the P1's, but the SC2 front that we had last weekend was really nice. To say the least...:up:

13. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

There we go. :crackup:

Thanks for clearifing this.

14. vrc

vrc Well-Known Member

Nothing confusing about my post...Greg asked if the 180/190 where legal for WSS and i told him yes.Going back to his original topic/ question he asked.:beer: