1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

170 rear on and sv?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by keg0900, Dec 8, 2004.

1. keg0900

keg0900 none ya

has anyone tried the 170 rear on an sv and if so good? bad?
    why?

2. Nbot

Nbot Well-Known Member

I can't remember where but I've seen this talked about a bunch here before, try a search........

3. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

You can run a 180 on the back of the SV..........if you spring for the Dymag rims.

4. out a luck

out a luck Well-Known Member

If you are running stock rims you won't use all of a 160

IMHO- Try a 150 or 155 slick or Dot and enjoy the way it turns in quicker

5. etemplet

etemplet Well-Known Member

I routinely run a Dunlop 170 on my SV, stock rims. No problems. I tried the 160 slick at Barber and loved it. I've run 3 endurance races and 6 sprint race weekends on the 170 Dunlop 207.

I'd say I prefer the slick, but we used it up at Barber in the last 4 hour there. The 207 at Road A last season still had allot of life left at the end of the 4 hour. We were trying to get by the slow 600 riders though, that wears a tire out for sure. :D

If you get a good deal on the 170's buy them, if not, get a 160 or perhaps even something smaller, then you can tell me how you like them. :)

I'm not a fast guy, but a fast guy rode by bike at Talladega and loved it. He was on 170 Dunlops at the time.

Hope this helps.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2004