1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

08 sv650 random misfire question

Discussion in 'Tech' started by mgiossi, Jun 1, 2023.

1. mgiossi

mgiossi Well-Known Member

Sometimes its bad, most of the time its fine. Sometimes its the front cylinder, sometimes the rear. Both never just die it will just skip a bit even knock then smooth out. Sometimes if it's bad enough I'll touch the throttle and it skips really hard for just one fire (enough I have to catch it on the throttle or it will stall of there is to much clutch out) 2nd motor both fresh, one ss and one sb. Both the same issue. The hard part is this is a lumpy motor already so catching it is super hard and then by the time you start doing anything it smooths out. I'm suspecting the factory ecm or the bazzaz fuel tuner. Anyone experiance this before? Ideas?

2. WIslowpoke

WIslowpoke Well-Known Member

Maybe the TPS setting to blame? This thread may of use to you.

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=55459&highlight=throttle+position+sensor

"Basically, Fuel injected Suzukis have a sensor that senses what revs the engine is at and then tells the fuel injection and engine management systems to alter (basically to start squirting more fuel into the cylinders). MOST bikes are set wrongly and this causes the bike to be jerky at slow speeds (due to the fact that there's not enough fuel getting into the engine & then all of a sudden the fuel starts pumping in faster but by then it's a bit late!! This adjustment rectifies the problem!"

3. mgiossi

mgiossi Well-Known Member

Very interesting...... Mine is an 08 so the duel plug. Any idea if this is the same for all the gen2's?

4. WIslowpoke

WIslowpoke Well-Known Member

I recall the thread addressing the latter 2nd gen bikes and yes, they had the same issue. You'll adjust the lower TPS to change the opening of the primary butterflies.