1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

08 cbr600 cutting out

Discussion in 'Tech' started by noliver90, Jun 3, 2014.

1. noliver90

noliver90 Well-Known Member

Curious if anyone has ever ran into this issue.
    My cbr will cut out randomly usually when cold...normally happens really bad first practice round and once in a while throughout the day. I can be full throttle down a straight and it will start bucking or exiting a turn. Besides that it runs perfectly not sure where to start with the diagnosis

2. Jason748

Jason748 Race Junkie

Are you running a piggyback such as a PCV? If so, custom map, downloaded map, etc...
    any work that preceded the issue?

3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Check the kick stand start lock out switch....

If it wasn't cut from the harness it may be sitting there on the edge of being on/off and causing the ignition cut.

4. noliver90

I am running a custom map...maybe I'll try a downloaded map see if that helps.

5. Jason748

Jason748 Race Junkie

Try removing it 1st. Might be a bad plug or a bad unit. Or like venom wrote, the side stand switch. Also check all your grounds.

6. DaddyPhatSaks

DaddyPhatSaks Well-Known Member

7. noliver90

Thanks fir info...worst case I'll try new ecu ...yea problems like these are kinda a shot in the dark...worse thing about my problem is I have to troubleshoot at the track since it's the only place I have the issue.