1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'08 848 Race/Track Day Bike

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by trispdtrip, Jul 16, 2015.

1. trispdtrip

trispdtrip Poor, Fat, Slow Racer

I'm probably going to regret doing this but, I'm putting my '08 848 Track Bike up for sale. I simply don't ride it much. She has the following items installed;
    FMF Exhaust
    Woodcraft Adjustable Rearsets
    AK-20 Cartridge Kit in forks
    Showa Race Shock w/ Ti Spring
    CRG Adjustable Levers
    Sharkskins
    Motoholders Fairing Stay
    Quick Change Front Axle
    Frame Sliders
    Quick Release Front Brake Lines
    Standard and GP Shift Linkage
    New Dunlop GPA Tires, rear is a slick. I did one track day at Barber on them so they are in very good shape.
    $6700

Attached Files:

2. trispdtrip

Bumper
    $6500

3. nsr250man

nsr250man Well-Known Member

Definitely interested, and I live in Greenville, SC, so fairly close by. What is crash and service history (suspension for sure)? What weight rider is it setup for? Does it come with any different sprockets, and what is the gearing on it? Title history. More photos please.
    Thanks,
    Tim

4. trispdtrip

The bike is a former AMA bike. So yes it has been down before. The bike is in great condition, nothing bent, broke, Rasheed up. I'll try and get some more pics tonight. Title in hand.
    I set the bike up for 225lbs. I can help if different springs are needed.
    I don't really have much in the way of spares. I bought it to do track days so I was not too worried about all the spares.
    Give me a call if you have more questions or need some more details.
    Thanks,
    404-966-4509
    Mike

5. trispdtrip

Let me know if there is anything specific you want to see.
    Thanks1

Attached Files:

6. dylanes21

dylanes21 Well-Known Member

Do you know who built it for the AMA?

7. trispdtrip

I bought it from Mark at Vesrah.
    mark at the DucShop serviced and maintained the bike.

8. trispdtrip

Still available

9. Riders Discount

Riders Discount 866-931-6644 ext 817

If this was from Mark then most likely it was one of the DNA bikes that Jake Holden rode in 2011 and maybe Bobby Fong before that. Build would most likely have been done by James Compton out of Texas.

Bump for you.

10. trispdtrip

Thanks!
    I know the bike was originally built for Jake and Joey Pascarella rode the bike 2010.

11. G8rDuc

G8rDuc N00B

Sure about that? If it's the Melillimoto bike built by Sebastian, then that was built for the Fong/Beck team in '09. I've got one of those. Here's a list of the mods on mine when I bought it:

Ducati Performance GP Shift and Brake Levers• Woodcraft Rear Sets• Woodcraft Clip Ons• Woodcraft Frame Sliders• Carbon Swing Arm Guard• Armor Body Race Body Work• Pirelli Track Day Slicks• Penske Rear Shock with Duc Shop Flat Straight Link• Motoholders Front Race Fairing Stay• CRG Short Shifter• GPR Steering Stabilizer• Leovince Titanium Exhaust• Microtech ECU With Quick Shifter• Duc Shop Triple Tree Clamp• Handmade Race Harness• EBC Front Rotors• Yoyodyne Sprocket• DID 520 Chain• Speedy Moto Rear Race Subframe• Motion Pro Quick Turn Throttle

No engine mods allowed, but of course, they were all balanced and blue printed with a little "clean up" of the heads. Bikes are solid. I do believe Mark from DucShop did service them through the season.

12. trispdtrip

My bike is certainly very similarly built. I do not know the exact history of all the riders that have ridden the bike. As for the build info you are spot on.
    $6300

13. trispdtrip

Ttt
    $6000

14. trispdtrip

As low as I'm gonna go, $5500.

15. wac

wac Well-Known Member

Wow! Just give it away already!

16. trispdtrip