1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

07 gsxr 750 running rough

Discussion in 'Tech' started by ToxicRacing, Jun 17, 2010.

1. ToxicRacing

ToxicRacing Well-Known Member

I recently purchased a 2007 gsxr 750, and it ran fine when I picked it up. I had to do some minor work switching it back to stock, ie stock master, stock throttle, stock kill switch etc. After getting the electrical all swapped over I started it and still ran fine. I recently was playing with the throttle, putting stock tube back on it and running stock cables (had r6 tube and cables on it) and when I got it back together it's running horribly. It sounds like an ex500 or something or like it's not running on all cylinders maybe, very rough at idle and under throttle, vibrates a lot, doesn't rev up very far easily, etc.. My best guess is that I fouled some plugs playing with the throttle, any experiences with this?

Thanks

2. PAzYearazzUP

PAzYearazzUP Banned

We are talking, literally seconds of time running. And if you let it run for more than that 'literal' 3 seconds, you cooked the pipes too soon.

So, as soon as you hear it fire, shut it off. Those are hundreds of fires and that will heat the pipe in no time. Now is the time to wet a finger, run your test over each pipe and as close to the head or the flame coming out of the port is where that fouled out plug will send that cold pipe running like a 500.

Sure sounds like a foul plug and that is the fastest and easiest way to start looking for one if it is, where all other variables play out fine.

3. rraiderr

rraiderr Ron Jermey Jr

Is it thowing a code? You may want to put it in dealer mode and make sure the TPS is set, check or replace the plugs and check the STPS.

Does it have a power commander?

4. ToxicRacing

No codes, and yeah, it has a power commander. I'm just baffled because the only thing I have even touched is the throttle cables.

How does one put the thing in dealer mode?

5. ballsack

ballsack Well-Known Member

Here you go bud, real simple.

http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174828

6. ToxicRacing

My hunch was right, plugs.:up: