1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

06/07 GSXR600 and 750 differences - parts

Discussion in 'General' started by lfg929, Sep 9, 2006.

1. lfg929

lfg929 Well-Known Member

Rather than ask what is the same I figured it would be easier to ask what is different as far as swapping parts is concerned. Mostly I am interested in things such as wheels (same width?), triples, forks, and rotors. You know, all of the parts likely to receive damage in a decent crash. I figure I will try to get a head start on the yet-to-be purchased new race bike, especially since part prices should be coming down for the winter (lots of supply, lack of demand). Thanks!

Last edited: Sep 9, 2006
  2. slaw0002

slaw0002 Not as fat !!!!!!!

You think your going to get a new bike???

You still suck !!!

3. lfg929

lfg929 Well-Known Member

I know I suck, but next year I will suck on a new bike! :)

4. slaw0002

Sweet , Can I ride it ??

5. lfg929

lfg929 Well-Known Member

No way man, you are a crasher!

6. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Wammo

7. slaw0002

I can crash test it for you !!

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I went out into my garage and compared my '06 GSXR 750 and my '07 750 and found that not a single part is interchangable. Not even the stickers.

Hell, the '07 even rejected the '06 shop manual. Threw it in the fireplace and lit it on fire.

9. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Dam that last year went by fast, must have slept in

10. carpediem

carpediem Well-Known Member

outside of the motor (and most of it you can swap)and the stock exhaust you can change out everything. the 750 also comes w/ a slightly different compound of front brake pads if that matters at all.

11. lfg929

lfg929 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info carpediem. That is what I figured since my understanding is that the new 750 is just a beefed up 600, but wanted to validate before I started buying up spares.

Bad day Dave?

12. lfg929

lfg929 Well-Known Member

I do that well enough on my own, thank you. :D

13. jeffrop

jeffrop Well-Known Member

I can tell you the gauges are different between the two...different redlines.

14. Heavy-Dee

Heavy-Dee Well-Known Member

You going to get a 600 or seven fiddy?

HD