1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

05 gsxr 600 dying

Discussion in 'Tech' started by whitey21, Jun 17, 2010.

1. whitey21

whitey21 umm...yeah.

Alright a buddy's gsxr 600 is dying on him while he is riding it. The gauges will go out then the motor will kill over. the first time it happened he said the battery terminals were loose. but this time they are tight. i have checked the loose connections on the gauges, rectifier, battery, fuses, relays, and tip over sensor. i am out of ideas. does it has been wrecked but i dont see where any wires were damaged. he has wired up some aftermarket turn signals and stuff. and well let just say its not up to my standard but it doesn't look like it would be a problem.

thanks for any help.

2. JBaucom

JBaucom Well-Known Member

Kickstand loose? If it's loose, or grimy/ corroded it can barely trip the switch. No good if you're exiting a corner in the mountains. Ask me how I know;)

3. Cajun

Cajun North of Phillip Island

there plug under left hand side fairing, that sometimes gets a short in it.
    Its the plug that the main harness connects to the front subharness.

4. whitey21

whitey21 umm...yeah.

so how do you know??

i will check both of these here in just a bit.

5. :stupid:

Same thing happened to me. Headlight/gauges would flicker or go out and the bike would shut off. I pulled all the wires out of the connector, made sure they were free of dirt and grime. There was a crack in one of the connectors so I ended up replacing it. Once it was all back together, it ran fine.

6. whitey21

whitey21 umm...yeah.

is this the big harness that the front lights connect to?everything looked fine with that but i just mostly looked for dirt not for any cracks.

7. Cajun

Cajun North of Phillip Island

yes thats big harness.

mine had a burnt out wire in one of the plugs