1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My motorcycle has a gremlin.

Discussion in 'General' started by todzuki, Jun 6, 2005.

1. todzuki

todzuki got OBS?

2004 GSXR 1k

#1 and #4 aren't igniting. They have timed ignition, compression, but no fuel. Checked continuity of EVERY wire in the harness. No issues. Did the 'ole self diagnosis mode. Came up with codes 25 and 26. According to the manual, that is an ignition problem. Cam position sensor, trigger pickup, CDI box, ignition coils/caps, or a short. I replaced everything listed above with verifiable good donor parts. No dice. Still running on #2 and #3 only. I then took the bike to a full-time professional mechanic I know. He found nothing I didn't. I then took it to a Suzuki shop I used to work at so they could do their own tests and wait for the inevitable call to Suzuki Tech support. I'm thinking I'll need new injectors, but why would #1 and #4 fail together? That makes me think that perhaps I need a new wiring harness. The bike did get folded up violently at Roebling a few months ago and get untwisted at GMD. Perhaps the heat used on the frame caused a problem with a neaby wire?? I would have found that though. Anyone ever run into one of these problems??

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Holy crap! You're still fighting this?

I vote electrical just because that's the only stuff that has ever given me as much grief as you're going through. I'd swap the harness next and see how it goes.

3. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

I had an AMC Gremlin once....:D

4. xsr71x

xsr71x Old Member

Buy a Ducati:D

5. todzuki

todzuki got OBS?

Yeah, still fighting. It cost me 3 out of 4 races at VIR and I had planned to go to RRR and knock off the cobwebs. So that's 5 races in a row I would have been in. My 750 was bullet proof too. This 1k has been plagued.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Dudette! - I saw one actually driving down the road recently! :wow:

Used to go crusin in a friends Hornet, it rocked :)

7. todzuki

todzuki got OBS?

I'm already having electrical problems.:moon:

8. WebCrush

WebCrush Banned

are you getting spark from 1 and 4?

try swapping the injectors with 2 and 3 and see if the code you get is different.

9. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

i agree....that would be the best way to check to see if it is the injectors...

10. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

Yeah, it was my first car. 304 and a 3 speed. You could snap the backend around on 'em real easy because they had no weight back there. :D

11. Jugglenutz

Jugglenutz Well-Known Member

HA! :D

Whennnnnn your bike starts to smoke and you know that its broke...it's ducatiiiiii

When you can't make the turn cause your bike starts to burn...it's ducatiiiiii :D

12. Its your bike so it definately has one hell of a gremlin.

13. melanie

melanie not a dude

As opposed to Lever's bike, which is just worked on by a gremlin... so there's no hope at all, is there?

14. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

KA-BLAM!
    LMAO!

15. melanie

melanie not a dude

Glad I can entertain... :D