Frank Shockley

Discussion in 'General' started by Vintage Red, Mar 21, 2005.

1. gixxerjosh

gixxerjosh Captain America's Flunky

I don't know Frank that well, I just know him from watching him race and occasionally getting passed by him like I was standing still. It sounds to me like he has a wonderful family and I am very pleased to be able to help in any way that I can....Hope you and all of your family can join us for the Party I am throwing for Frank in Greenville in the next few weeks!

2. gixxerjosh

I don't know Frank that well, I just know him from watching him race and occasionally getting passed by him like I was standing still. It sounds to me like he has a wonderful family and I am very pleased to be able to help in any way that I can....Hope you and all of your family can join us for the Party I am throwing for Frank in Greenville in the next few weeks!

3. gixxerjosh

4. BillyBoi

BillyBoi Member

Oh yeah!! Let us know when the party is going to be and we will try our best to get there!
    :beer:

5. BillyBoi

BillyBoi Member

Oh yeah!! Let us know when the party is going to be and we will try our best to get there!
    :beer:

6. fastfrank

fastfrank Well-Known Member

THANK YOU

I want to thank you all so much for all your support this last week, it's the kind of inspration I need to heal quick and come back strong.
    I have read many threads of this type but when you read one that's about yourself it's a very different feeling (a very good feeling)
    How about a hand for Ryan!!!! What a guy!!

I am on my way to see a orthopedic surgen this morning (Helen refuses to take me to see Dr Ting) and then a heart/lung doctor this afternoon to see how I'm doing and get the real skinny on when I can expect to be back.

Again, I want thank everyone for all the kind words and I hope to see everyone ASAP.

Ps, My aprilia rivals Bo Morgan and Jeff Kimble also had tumbles in the last week so say a prayer for them, we got to get these aprilia's back on track!!!!

Frank

7. Phat Chance

Phat Chance Silence, I kill you!

rivials

Frank, glad you are doing better. I spoke to Jeff yesterday and he is healing. The swelling in his right wrist is almost gone but the dinner plate sized rasberry on his butt cheek may be a few more weeks healing. Sounds like Bo is also much better too. Cheers to all of you and may "God Speed":clap:

8. fastfrank

fastfrank Well-Known Member

Update

Well we had some good news today and some not so good news.
    The ortho. we went to see today was pleased with the x-rays and said that if there is no change in a week it looks like the bones will heal themselves without surgery. They are leaving the temp. cast on for one more week and if all is well then they will put a cast on below the elbow for about 6 weeks.

The not so good news is that Frank still has fluid on his left lung and the only way to remove it is with surgery. He is scheduled for next Tuesday late in the afternoon, only time the Dr. could do it - he is one busy guy! But he did not want to wait until he had a morning surgery available. He should be in the hospital for 3 to 4 days.

I will keep you up to date as I know more. Again, thanks for all your thoughts and prayers, we love you all!!!

Helen

9. bossbusa

bossbusa Quick Member

More monster motors?

Didn't know about Kimbel's fall. Get well bro need you to show me around on the big twin! Give me a call 334-221-7677.
    Ross

10. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

Helen, please keep the updates coming and tell him the Sulpy's are thinking about him.

Vicki and Leo

11. gixxer759

gixxer759 EXPERT #55

Frank

Continued prayers from us Frank, get well soon! ;)

12. BillyBoi

BillyBoi Member

Latest word I got from my Mom is that Frank is doing good. He is back at work which doesn't suprise me since he can't sit still for more than 2 minutes without going stir crazy.
    Frank we love ya and are thinking of ya!!!!

Billy

13. gixxerjosh

I have seen Frank do back to back to back races several times so I am not surprised to hear that he is back at work! I wish I had that kind of ambition and stamina (i am sure my girlfriend does too)!! Welcome home frank and when you are ready to start drinking like a Vintage racer again let me know so we can get your party rollin'

14. itssobreezy

itssobreezy Member

Just letting everyone know that Fast Frank had to go under the knife again today to remove fluid that was still left over in his lung from the injury.
    Helen said that they removed the same amount they did the day of the crash which was a pretty good amount. As of 8 tonight he is out of surgery and doing quite well. Helen said that he has the old push button morphine device hooked up and he is not afraid to use it.
    Frank thanks you all for your support..