Alert: Stolen Dirtbikes

Discussion in 'General' started by C-Par, Aug 6, 2004.

1. C-Par

C-Par Well-Known Member

I just got home. I went to wash my dirtbikes and they were gone. They were there yesterday. I'm so pissed.

They got my 2004 CRF250R Mostly stock had numberplates 369 white letters, black background. Vin JH2ME10324K050385

They also got my girlfriends bike 2004 CRF150F Stock
    Vin # 9C2KE01064R009838

IF YOU COULD PLEASE KEEP A LOOKOUT..

Thanks.

2. C-Par

C-Par Well-Known Member

By the way the location is Baltimore, MD Area

3. ZebProctor1

ZebProctor1 Well-Known Member

no shit! You got insurance on those right?

4. Sean Jordan

Sean Jordan Well-Known Member

Damn, Parsons, that sucks!

:(

I hope they catch the bastards, and that your bikes are not thrashed.

5. C-Par

C-Par Well-Known Member

Hopefully homeowners will do it.

6. ZebProctor1

homeowners is the only one that will..... damn, and I was gonna call and see if you wanted to go to tomahawk next thur..... :mad:

7. smooth

smooth Well-Known Member

Hate to hear about your bikes, man. I can only imagine how pissed off I would be. It's quite a common thing around here too. Also, good luck with the homeowners Ins. My agent didn't want to put anything like that on mine. Some BS about anything with any sort of vehicle title should be covered under car or bike type policy. I'm actually considering changing my ins to get the type of coverage I want.

Not trying to bum you out any further, by the way.

8. LAR

LAR Well-Known Member

AGAIN? Didn't this happen to you once before?

Damn, Parsons...I'm sorry...that really sucks! :(

9. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Some good news: At least now you don't need that seatcover on backorder.

Sorry about the theft. I hope the bastards get caught.

10. Redrodent1

Redrodent1 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that. I will keep an eye out where we ride in Laurel/Beltsville. In this area, if they can see it, it's gone. My friend in Baltimore recovered his own dirtbike. Someone was riding it down Wilkens Ave. They will be running the streets on yours too.

11. ZebProctor1

Where do yall ride in Laurel/Beltsville?

12. whizzif

whizzif Well-Known Member

Damn bro...sorry to hear that. Hopefully you'll be covered. I'm thinking about getting a dirtbike at some point...probably just a little 50 so I can rip up on Joe and the Swede...haha...

13. Redrodent1

Redrodent1 Well-Known Member

"Where do yall ride in Laurel/Beltsville?"

Why? you a cop? :D

Some state park land off of Brockbridge road and "The Pits". Strange characters show up there all the time driving UHauls out of the city. Wanna hook up, and get muddy? :D The State park area is alot like a small, rough, MX track.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2004
  14. ZebProctor1

hell no I ain't a cop..... and yeah, when you going out there next? I work some wierd hours though, I'll have to catch you on one of my days off, I work 6 on and 2 off, so my 2 days off shift by one day each week, I'm off wed and thur this week, thur and fri next week, and so on.....

15. 13x

13x 13x.com

What's the status of the pits these days? I haven't been there in years, it was getting a little too 'hot'.

Jim

16. ahastings

ahastings Well-Known Member

The status is , just don't get caught there. The trick is finding a place to park where they can't find your vehicle.

17. C-Par

C-Par Well-Known Member

Now I feel really shitty.

Seems like I'm out a 2004 CRF250R and a CRF150.

According to the insurance the motor vehicles are not covered.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Check it again - dirtbikes aren't motor vehicles any more than a lawn mower is.

19. MudDawg

MudDawg Engine Killah

Doesn't homeowners insurance cover somethign that's not a road vehicle? (No title, and no insurance for it....since it's an ORV.)

Push the insurance company...then call the state agency in charge of overseeing the insurance company.

Insurance agencies like to tell most people no...because 90% of them will walk away. Sometimes it's worth it to fight with them.

20. fiptas

fiptas L.O.C Endurance

I know I went through hell trying to make sure my dirtbikes and race bikes were covered. Most insurance companies are making you get separate policies for ATV's Jetski's and dirtbikes. Easiest way is to get comprehensive only coverage on them under your auto policy. I have Comprehensive only coverage on both my 2003 R6 (race), Aprilia RS 250 and 2001 YZ250F. Covers "Compensation, minus your deductible, for direct and accidental loss of or damage to your covered auto caused by fire, theft, earthquake, hail, flood, windstorm, vandalism or any other perils not specifically excluded in the policy. Some limitations and restrictions apply. See policy for details" It's $72.29 a year for the 2003 R6 and $35 for the YZ with a $500 deductible through USAA if you can get it. Took a while to get to an actual underwriter who understood how to write the policy but it can be done. Good luck.