The International North West 200 _ 2024

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, May 5, 2024.

1. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

What is the schedule for the rest of the weekend?

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That was round two. Opener was in Spain a couple of weeks ago.

418 and Steeltoe like this.
  3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

McGuinness is 52 and fighting for podiums at the NW200. :bow::beer:

ToofPic and 27 like this.
  4. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Thats why I Love this series! Old Goats still handing out ass!! My Favorite racing!

5. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

Davey Todd = bowling pin in the SS race.... Frak !!!!

6. 27

27 Well-Known Member

That crash with the dude that flew 30’ in the air and landed on a car is nuts!!! Glad he walked away just bruised… so we can laugh about it… hope he just made a lifetime of gear Sponsorship money from that!

that’s what keeps me off the street let alone racing on them :D I fly really really well and my launches are top tier…. It’s the landings that always get me :D

7. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

Every time I hear him speak, I'm thinking "Mrs. Doubtfire races bikes!"

8. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

are there replays somewhere?

9. yuengling910

yuengling910 Loose Cannon

Sweatypants likes this.
  10. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

That video freaks me out. That must be what I looked like when I got paralyzed... Fuck.

11. 27

27 Well-Known Member

where was your crash?!? Turn 1 at Brainerd?!?

It was crazy! The guy flies up out of the frame and back down!!! The car took a hell of a hit and he’s fine… nuts…

only thing I ever saw like they was a guy somehow got sideways and pointed straight at the guardrail at the top of the hill coming into the Grattan straight… we were on the other side of the garages and he flew high enough to see him above them but that was maybe 20’ and landed in pit lane… he was also fine… but that’s nothing like this… he must’ve had 100’ of horizontal flight in addition to his 30’ of elevation… someone needs to do an analysis:D

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

13. CRA_Fizzer

Nope. UP of Michigan. DRZ400 vs Subaru turning left in front of me.

14. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Damn… people need to pay attention… I don’t ride on the street because of people like that

15. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Living on the Island of Misfit Toys

I watched the NW200 crash on a BBC video. He’s lucky he landed on the car and didn’t go any further and hit the brick wall of the house! :eek:

stk0308 and 27 like this.
  16. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Slow mo

Mike Fennell, cav115 and 27 like this.
  17. CRA_Fizzer

I hit a tree.

18. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

It took me a good ten minutes to even figure out where that crash happened.. I could not for the life of me match the corner.

Turned out to be because it's almost not a corner :eek:. The spot where that guy crashed is the first turn after the start line - it's a turn for sure, but you have ages to set up for it. The only thing I could think of was that he got hit and ran wide, and the video here seems to support that theory.

Fucking nuts place to crash. I'm amazed he got it slowed down as much as he did.. if he'd hit that wall at anything close to apex speed there'd have been no "up" motion to speak of, just straight-line forward to.. and through.. the house.

27 likes this.
  19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Hope the tires hold up this year. Superbike about to head off.

stk0308 likes this.