MotoGP | 2024 | Race 4 | Spain | Jerez | April 26-28

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Apr 22, 2024.

1. bullockcm

bullockcm Well-Known Member

Was a fairly hard pass on Oliveira near the end as well. They had been racing near each other for at least a couple laps after the Mir incident and penalty for Marc to drop a position so who knows what else happened off camera. Speaking of which on the feed it seemed like he passed Oliveira after the penalty and then dropped back. Lots of chaos going on, be interesting to see if there is any post race action or if the feed just wasn’t accurate.

27 likes this.
  2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

He should have been penalized 20 seconds for dangerous riding, but they're in Spain...

Dragginass and Kevgentile like this.
  3. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Acosta is now 2nd in points… and he as a rookie navigated his way through the tricky conditions and erratic even irresponsible riding of the veterans to keep his nose clean and podium again… impressive

4. 27

27 Well-Known Member

you have that clip of Bez last year saying nothing happens to him for his riding because he’s MM :D

5. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Acosta impresses me more and more every race. I haven't "had a guy" since Rossi retired, more cheering for everybody, and for some good hard but safe racing, but Acosta is hard not to root for every round.

BigBird, ShadowBoxer, wsmc42 and 2 others like this.
  6. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Worst part about Marc being up front and on a good bike again is having to watch Soccer Dad throwing his hands up in the pits after every incident again.

7. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Agreed and his actions and words make you like him more and more for his sheer determination and methodical way he’s trying to learn and win… I liked when he said he hates losing and it gets worse as he gets older… he’s 19! :D

Dragginass likes this.
  8. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Wut! Fabio demoted, Pedrosa now 3rd. Tire pressure violation.

9. grapemustard

grapemustard Well-Known Member

man i was hoping for more from Roberts in qualifying after being fastest of the weekend coming into qualifying. :(

Quicktoy likes this.
  10. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I think JM89 is gonna take it easily this year. He's figured things out and he's now the total package. Everyone else is being manic, with the exception of Acosta, but I don't think he can compete with Jorge. Next year is gonna be an all out brawl if MM and JM are both at Pramac.

Phl218 likes this.
  11. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

What a bunch of ball sweating Rossi hugging MM93 hating bitches. Maybe they'll penalize him half the year for being too fast, passing people, and the guy who gives you all night tremors. Go watch MotoA with our guys who washed out of GP, more your speed.

Evad101, BigBird, Razr and 2 others like this.
  12. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Hell, yeah! Full contact motorsports is the future! Watch all 500 million households tune in!

prospected likes this.
  13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

In the helicopter view of Marc's crash, you can see him go down as soon as it crosses one of them.
    Commentators here said the penalty was for the Mir love tap.
    "WHAAAAA, WHAAAAA, The bad man touched me in my special area!" :D

When all kinds of guys kept going down after Marquez, I thought "damn, poor Richard will have nothing to bitch about." Then the dumbass gets himself noticed again by thinking he needs to race Mir right now, as if he wasn't going to get him within a couple of turns anyway. :crackup:

Bugslayer, BigBird, motion and 4 others like this.
  14. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

Given the impact the aero has on traction and the surface condition, any gust that reduced the aero's contribution to traction could have contributed to the low sides, when the 3 went down they were all at a slightly different position in the corner.

MM is MM,

I think the whole tire pressure rule is RIDICULOUS.... some of the rules are turning MotoGP into Nascrap.

27 likes this.
  15. RS250Ape

RS250Ape Well-Known Member

5 tire pressure penalties. I guess if youre at the back the strategy is go low PSI and roll the dice.
    But 8 second penalty. How do they come up with that?
    Does it mean "we think you gained a 1/2 second a lap for your shenanigans" or just "We need to make an example out of you, DONT DO IT AGAIN!"

16. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

Thanks to the fella upthread that dropped the scoop on HBO Max, which I subscribe to but had no idea that MotoGP was included. I was about to subscribe to the MotoGP streaming service so I could watch the race tomorrow.

You just saved me a couple hundo!

BigBird, Dragginass and Senna like this.
  17. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

He wasn’t racing Mir. He was saying bro look how much better and faster my new bike is. You gotta get one of these. Mir was so fricken mesmerized he turned into Marc. Same thing for Oli. They should have given them the penalties.

BigBird, ShadowBoxer, Razr and 6 others like this.
  18. 27

27 Well-Known Member

IMG_4050.jpeg

You fellas know I have a bunch of fun on here… but… when I say I know something you really shouldn’t doubt me ;)

because as @HPPT pointed out I am moderately correct :D

BigBird, Quicktoy and prospected like this.
  19. RS250Ape

RS250Ape Well-Known Member

IMG_0468.jpeg Fabio auto

YamahaRick, wsmc42, thrak410 and 4 others like this.
  20. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

Same here but the track conditions were challenging, It will be interesting to see what he can do in the race, I will be rooting for him! (he looked very good at COTA)

Quicktoy likes this.