1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | 2024 | Road Atlanta | April 19-21

Discussion in 'General' started by gt#179, Apr 16, 2024.

1. 418

418 Expert #59

So I guess Pressure to Rise ain't happening in 2024?

2. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

It usually debuts the week before the 2nd round so they can include the recap from previous week (week 1).

418, MotoJames and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  3. 27

27 Well-Known Member

who in the world named that?
    sounds like a boner pill tagline :D

4. MotoJames

MotoJames Active Member

They usually premier it the Thursday of the week of Barber

Attached Files:

Once a Wanker.., 418 and pjzocc like this.
  5. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I crashed at Grattan one weekend when they put some new "sealer" on the track. Got a little off the worn line and instantly washed out the front end of the Interceptor 500, so I guess it was in 1985. I landed on my forearm and it unzipped the zipper so my right forearm got rashed from the wrist to the elbow and got pretty deep, filled with asphalt and "sealer".
    I went over to where the emt was parked with the ambulance to see if they could clean it up and put on a bandage that would fit in my leathers. He too ka look at it and then introduced himself by name saying, " figured we should be on a first name basis since I am going to be causing you considerable pain." He then asked a drunk female specator that was standing around if she could hold my arm for hlm. Then he proceeded to pour some Phisohex in the wound so he could scrub it out with an abrasive pad. I may have used a few bad words and the girl looked kind of sick, but he got it all cleaned and bandaged up. I ran a couple of more races and it healed up without a scar.
    The end

6. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I remember!!! You almost got pushed between his bike and tailgate! His arm was bleeding/rashed and he duct taped it raw,and re teched to get back in a solo 50 if I remember correctly? Damn animal!!

27 likes this.
  7. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I carried a piece of Grattan asphalt in my right leg for 5 years… my outside ankle ball and heel were ground to the bones and they scrubbed it at the ER forever… five years later there was a black hard spot right under my skin so I cut it out… sure enough… asphalt rock…

I still love that place :D

ToofPic and A. Barrister like this.
  8. kenessex

Max Flinders podiumed in the Bagger race with a fractured femur!!!

9. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Looks like they're moving away from strictly SBK teams and adding in the SSP class. I like it. And not surprised they're adding Kayla to the spotlighted riders.

ToofPic and MotoJames like this.
  10. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

If I had the cabbage I would be a title sponsor...

27 likes this.
  11. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

EC98E22E-A918-4B25-86AF-5228D6C8D425.jpeg Would go with the theme…

:flag::flag::flag:

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

To whom it may concern: that's a bone.

pjzocc, 27 and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  13. 27

27 Well-Known Member

what a humerus post :D

14. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

You sure that ain't Kentucky for female?

15. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Sounds familiar to a parking lot crash that road rashed me from head to talk. Literally.
    At deals gap, circa 1998. Looped my '92 7/11 in the parking lot in a pair of shorts/t-shirt...I hung onto the bike as it drug me down the asphalt. The crash even ripped my Tim's off my feet

Anyway, called the hospital, they said to come in to clean the roadrash from head to toe. I asked what about a home remedy? Nurse said hot bath water, box of epsom salt and scrub a dub away.

So i get in my truck pulling my enclosed trailer and head north to a chick I was bangin' just north of Knoxville. After passing out/going into shock on the Foothills pkwy, i recovered and made it to her place.

Went to the pharmacy, got the supplies to go with my bottle of Wild Turkey and ibuprofen.

Drew the bath, I stripped the rest of my clothes, told the girl if you hear me screaming, crying, cussing, etc...then I'm ok. If I'm silent, come check on me cause I likely went into pain related shock and probably drowning in salt water.

I literally looked like a mummy with the gauze wrapped top to bottom. And btw, 'non stick gauze' doesn't not stick.

Gino230 and ToofPic like this.
  16. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

You are correct. Were we that much tougher or dumber back then?

ToofPic likes this.
  17. Grattan sealer. Fml.

18. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Crazy what adrenaline will do for you! I guess he didn’t give the doc a chance to evaluate him prior to the bagger race…

I’m a huge Max fan. He walked up to me on the grid of my first MA Twins Cup race back in 2019 and wished me luck and just had an awesome energy. I’ll always remember that. Go Max!

Gino230, 83BSA, 27 and 1 other person like this.
  19. kenessex

I think their idea of "sealer" was diesel mixed with sand. That was the weekend of the 6hr that ended with the t
    Team Hammer bike in flames and the race red flagged and declared done. I was never so happy for a race to be over. Both of my team mates crashed our RZ350 and we still finished 2nd or 3rd in class. The racing line was only about 12" wide in most of the turns.

Once a Wanker.. and ToofPic like this.
  20. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

What year was this, @kenessex ? I remember it, but not when.