1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going overboard as a dad???

Discussion in 'General' started by pjzocc, Feb 26, 2018.

1. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Fight promo video we did featuring both Joe and Gianna who’s training for her first fight.

2. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

For those who ordered shirts, I’ve sent tracking info. Should have them Saturday via USPS. Thank you so much for your support!

And thank you WERA for letting me share this journey with y’all!

3. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Weigh ins done and dusted! Taka tipped in at 139.6#, The Iceman at 139.8! Joe is in his best shape and conditioning ever and is fully locked and loaded for tomorrow! He’s definitely got his hands full but we are fully confident that he can and WILL win the belt tomorrow night!

082B3937-6DF8-49FF-8FC9-D38A8F46BA62.jpeg

socalrider likes this.
  4. I just bought a $420 baseball bat for my 11 year old, yes it’s one of the best bats you can get for his age but not sure if it’s overboard. His two $300 gloves possibly overboard. As long as he keeps his grades up (he’s already 1/2 grade ahead so he needs to keep the gifted classes going as the baseline) and keeps his attitude positive and puts the effort in I’ll get whatever. I suggest sports or activities to him but end of the day he has to choose and it be his choice to play or not. He has to enjoy it or it’s just a waste of time and energy. I don’t live through my child as way too many parents do, it’s a shame a lot of parents peaked in high school and live through their kids. I see so many kids that are just miserable playing sports and usually it’s the ones who’s parents haven’t done shit with their lives and their kids sports becomes their identity. My children being good human beings is what is important to me and one thing sports does teach them is life isn’t fair, you will deal with all kinds of people in life and you need to handle it accordingly. I was supposed to go out on the lake fishing this morning but my son asked if we could go to the field so he can hit balls before the fields get booked with practices. If my son wants to put in the extra effort I don’t mind making it a priority for me.

pjzocc and lopitt85 like this.
  5. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

So no W for Joe last night. His opponent was all we thought he would be - experienced, poised, technical - and it was just a little too much. Joe was given a standing 8 in R1 off a slip, not a knockdown, and that didn’t help in the decision. Joe did score a legit knockdown on Isato late in R5, and got the standing 8. However the final bell rang very shortly after so he had no opportunity to follow up. The Boy showed a tremendous amount of heart and determination last night. He came in strong in R4 and R5 and probably won those rounds.

But, this morning, other than a sore jaw and a shiner on his left eye, The Boy is feeling ok. Disappointed he couldn’t win the belt, and that’ll probably sit with him for a couple days. He will learn from this and come back stronger for the next fight. He got a lot of positive feedback and comments from other fighters, coaches, and Isato’s father as well. So we will take all that in and call last night a great fight!

Jill, Joe and I are so very grateful for all the support he’s received from all over the country- family, friends, and friends we’ve not met yet! From T-shirt’s to donations to letting me ramble on here about my kid… we are amazed by how many truly awesome people there is in the world.

This story is far from finished. But for now, I’m just so very proud of The Boy.

0FA341E1-5327-49B1-B3DC-B14F093ABA78.jpeg

JBraun, ToofPic, Banditracer and 4 others like this.
  6. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Was a good fight! ya'll had a huge online crowd watching! Stay up Joe!

pjzocc likes this.
  7. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Saw you on the feed! Thank you for taking time to check in!

ToofPic likes this.
  8. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Update for those who are curious:

ISKA Nationals are next weekend in Wilmington DE. We are a week and a half out and The Iceman has been training hard and is looking forward to getting the opportunity to earn his way to represent TeamUSA in October. We’ve learned a lot from his last fight and have a good game plan going into next weekend. He should do well and should come home with a national title!

If anyone is in the Delaware, Philly, south Jersey areas and might have half an interest let me know and I’ll get you info on the tournament. It should be a good time!!

4162ECD1-83A5-453E-A6EA-2304D8D0F725.jpeg

JBraun and fzrkidd like this.
  9. fzrkidd

fzrkidd Well-Known Member

Go Kick Some Ass Iceman! Hammer Down!

pjzocc likes this.
  10. yokohama1

yokohama1 Well-Known Member

Damn, what’s the other guy’s face look like? :clap:

pjzocc likes this.
  11. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Checked in and weighed in.

141.6#

The Boy is ready to rumble!

83AE9A59-58CE-46E1-9071-3C9BB47A0F77.jpeg 0AC580D9-AE04-460E-A206-2F8395D4C8E3.jpeg

jrsamples likes this.