1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | 2024 | Road Atlanta | April 19-21

Discussion in 'General' started by gt#179, Apr 16, 2024.

1. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

One could assume after reading,,, that at this point in your career, it's more about 'Due' respect vs. 'Not' being 100% in control, when 'YOU' decide which path it takes.
    You'll decide now and I'd bet it was meant to be and your next chapter will be better... Good Luck!! We all look forward to watching you race some more!

2. voss555

voss555 Well-Known Member

Something will work out. Are you going to be on the AOD bike again this year? It's the highlight of the boys day to get passed by you lol.

ToofPic and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  3. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

I met you at Munford AL 20+ years ago. I have watched you race and retire and still whoop them younger boys quite often.

Have you thought about being a team manager?

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  4. kirk erlinger

kirk erlinger Well-Known Member

Well that T3 area is WAY more outta control than the neighboring T4 peeps!! Saw the Crown Vic goofball but didn't see his antics, yes Fireworks were certainly frowned upon & the loud Briggs & Stratton mini-bikes were obnoxious. Great area to watch the racing!!

5. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Come to Road America.. We ventured out of the paddock after the races and it was nuts LOL..

5axis likes this.
  6. kirk erlinger

kirk erlinger Well-Known Member

Well aware of RD AM fun, attended from '89-'10 years...nothing like Sheboygan Cops!!

70% I'll attend this year, first time since '10. Would like to have attended Rd ATL during the Kahuna years!!

7. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

“MA does have an obligation to the bottom line and that includes putting out information to their fans about the riders in the series. In my opinion, keeping the JH4 fans informed would be good for the series.
    Where did you get "venting to randoms all weekend"? We have a couple of guys on here that talked with JH over the weekend at the track and reported that he didn't appear happy and made some comments about his former ride. The rest is just muckraking on your part”

They don’t though. MotoAmerica is a sanctioning body / promoter for entrants of their series. Bringing attention to the fact motorcycle racing royalty lost their ride (people will dig no matter how carefully you word it), and maybe paint one of your more serious entrants in a less than savory light is not what MotoAmerica should / wants to do.

Personal announcements are handled by rider or the rider’s agents / publicist (agents often contract / use publicists for stuff like this), not the sanctioning body, and probably published in a neutral third party location like RRW.

Josh, thanks for clarifying. Sucks. Hope something works out!

Last edited: Apr 22, 2024
  8. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

That is your opinion. Mine is different.
    Man oh man, what if we are both wrong?:dead::beer:

9. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Reminder to self:

Best to keep one's mouth shut when speaking about someone else. Keyboards also...

YamahaRick, Hoffman900 and ToofPic like this.
  10. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

Being 100% wrong or 100% right.....

Feels exactly the same...

11. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

beerito.jpg

Attached Files:

12. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Is a non-TuningFork ride a possibility? Or are you brand committed for eternity?

I don’t see how you owe anything to Yamaha anymore and just wondering if there’s limitations as to what/who you can ride for.

5axis and 418 like this.
  13. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

That would be great, we would have 7 people finishing the Daytona 200 from the 60 that started.

14. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Man we all do/have done it.I know for a Fact!! Scholtz and the entire team wasn't too happy having
    the doors closed there right at Christmas.It was late for that kind of announcement, and left an entire team
    scrambling for work/ride. I heard "rumored" Josh had kinda stepped aside for Scholtz,which was incorrect!

And Josh We use to be tight my brothuh!! You last talked with me at Talladega before you got big britches,You rode my 900 around a few sessions
    Me and Rocky use to hang out with you and Grant in the old days. You can race either of my bikes when you want :Poke::D

motion and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  15. CR750

CR750 Well-Known Member

I rode in with a cooler on the back of the Harley and they never wanted a look. Everyone I talked to said they just peeked into the coolers but did little or no extra checking for contraband. Racing was great, event was well run, and track officials were super nice!!! The best RA Pro race experience I have had.

And those Alpha BMWs are super trick. My ride of the weekend was Hayden Gillim in superbike race 2.

16. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Don't beat yourself up about it. Josh doesn't sound too upset...

ToofPic and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  17. Namarow

Namarow Well-Known Member

Yeah, almost any main sponsors. Racing was amazing, but a long way to go on the commercial end.

18. Namarow

Namarow Well-Known Member

All freaking weekend. Not acceptable

19. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

so what happened at the end of superbike race 2, where Richie E and Loris Baz collided.. i heard (read) two different stories, each story pointing finger at each rider. a friend posted a cell phone vid and said Baz chopped throttle (and this is what many other were saying), but hard to tell from vid. bummer regardless, the M4 team had a tough weekend all around expense wise. Hope they bounce back asap ! !

20. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

He should go be the team manager for AOD...first order of business...using his Yamaha loyalty and getting those boys a quiet generator :Poke: