1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2024 Supercross

Discussion in 'General' started by Senna, Dec 21, 2023.

1. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Lots of carnage in 450s too. Hoping Webb can figure something out with Jett, but the speed disparity is just absurd at this point.

Once a Wanker.. and brex like this.
  2. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Roczen having to ride that Suzuki so hard it broke on him.
    Jett pulls away from Tomac. That sucks, but the kid is just really good.
    Still good to see Tomac out front for a while.

Once a Wanker.. and evakat like this.
  3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

sucked to see Roczen & Sexton hit the dirt

Once a Wanker.., evakat and brex like this.
  4. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm bummed. Hope they're okay. Plus Pro Circuit had an absolutely awful night.

Dirt racing is just gnarly in general. That quick stop really fucks shit up compared to asphalt racing.

Once a Wanker.., TurboBlew and brex like this.
  5. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Kitchen hit the ground hard and then took a front wheel to the chest/neck area.
    I thought he was going to be there for a while and possibly a red flag after seeing him get run over like that.
    But no, he got up and fought back up enough to only be down two points. Hate that he lost his points lead, but he could have been out out after that crash.
    I'm impressed by his night.

TurboBlew and Senna like this.
  6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Why the smoke show when Roczen breaks his shock? Looks more like water than oil to my untrained eyes.

7. brex

brex Well-Known Member

The oil from the shock dumps right on the exhaust and hot engine block.
    I thought it was a blown engine at first myself, but the billowing smoke right after landing points at the shock.

Once a Wanker.. and Senna like this.
  8. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

Yeah, no question oil smoke from a burst shock. There’s been several of these, but this is the worst I’ve seen. Very sad that Roczen got hurt by this equipment failure. The compression damping setup must be really something stout to result in the shock physically failing on a landing. Things have changed. When I started mx back just after the earth cooled, we rode short travel bikes, and Girlings, that came on Huskies and English stuff, had zero, none, no compression damping. Kind of the opposite now.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  9. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I was sitting right in front of Sexton crash and that part where Ken blew his shock was crazy he and Eli were the only ones doing it.

They were very high on that particular section.

At first I thought radiator hose because it looked like his feet slipped causing it which with oil and a blown shock he had no chance of riding that out.

after the race I watched them push the bike back towards the start and then the mechanic looked at it, then hopped on, kicked it and rode back so definitely not blown up

10. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

Our suite was in the corner of the endzone by the entry to the sand section. Watching the guys that figured out how to triple out of that left hander before the whoops was so bad ass. I believe Tomac was the first to do it. Then saw Roczen doing the double in front of the start gate. Not sure what happened to Sexton there. Looked like he might have been trying to replicate the Roczen double, but looped out right on top of the second up ramp.

The flat 180 deg left after the whoops seemed stupid to me. It appeared to be hard as a rock there too.

I haven't seen any releases from the Sexton or Roczen camps on injuries yet.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  11. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

Sounds like Sexton's throttle body plate stuck open, on his incident. Ken's shock blowing was wild. As soon as he landed the big smoke started, I was guessing shock failure. The team report said, the shock only had 3 hours on it. Ski

12. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

After finally watching Saturday's races, I truly believe Eli's fully committed to get to where he can beat Jett straight up. I don't think he is at all ready to throw in the towel anytime soon.

Sexton's issue is scary for anyone to imagine.

I'm thinking none of the factory Yamaha, Honda or KTM's race shocks ever go 3 hours without being torn down and serviced or revalved.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2024
    Senna and TurboBlew like this.
  13. 418

418 Expert #59

I read somewhere they said the shock body broke.

Is the shock made in China?

ToofPic likes this.
  14. prm

prm Well-Known Member

If you watch the slow motion of Roczen you can tell beyond any doubt that shock had zero damping well before it tossed him.

15. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

it had proprietary knockoff Kashima... called Face Toward Enemy

Senna likes this.
  16. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

That can happen when there is no damping, as it appears in this case from reading the beeb.

17. PatricksDad

PatricksDad Won’t die a blob

18. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

Well there are only 3 races left in the season, He only raced 1 or 2 MX events last year, for warm up, and to keep himself ready for the playoffs. He will have the whole summer to heal now. Hoping he is set to go for the playoffs. Lots of coin on the line in those 3 events. Ski

19. PatricksDad

PatricksDad Won’t die a blob

Even Freddie Noren made more than $60k out of that.

skidooboy likes this.
  20. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Today McAdoo said he's out the rest of the season. Goes from leading the points and easy path to the title to out with a couple races left. Just like Eli last year, it just sucks to see that happen.