1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nashville SX. Any WERA peeps going?

Discussion in 'General' started by Robby-Bobby, Apr 17, 2024.

1. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Me and the boys have a weekend off prior to our west trip and are gonna hit up Nashville SX.

Yea I know Road ATL is same weekend and im gonna get flamed, but I haven't been to a live SX in a while and the kids really wanna go.

That being said, anyone here going?

Senna and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  2. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

First Nashville SX I'll miss going to with my daughter and son in law, who live there and ride. I'm confident you'll see some great racing, though we've never made it to the pits there. Get there as early as you possibly are able to to beat the crowds in the pits with your kids. We used to get to them by noon when they raced in downtown Atlanta, and the girls were anxious to meet the riders.
    Btw, it was great to meet you at the Senoia race. You watched the main right next to me, seated in the chair to your right on the fence..

Senna likes this.
  3. sidepipe79

sidepipe79 Well-Known Member

Wife and I are driving down from WI to attend. It is my first SX event. Any tips to make sure I get to see all that shouldn't be missed?

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  4. Once a Wanker..

As I told Rob, park and get to the pits VERY early. Parking gets crowded, and you will miss seeing a lot once the pits are crowded. Walking bridge from downtown (near Broadway,) IS an option, but parking will cost you there, and you'll be walking a ways.

With the points tied, it should be a great day of racing! I wish it wasn't the same weekend as Road Atlanta MotoAmerica weekend.

Trivia note: My daughter's wedding was at the River Center connected to the walking bridge, and near the stadium.

5. sidepipe79

I have a pit pass but didn't realize that it was something that warranted an 11AM arrival. Is there enough to keep us entertained until racing starts?

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

All depends on your tolerance for crowds.

7. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

I'll be there instead of Atlanta myself.

In the LP suite... :D

Be ready for punch worthy traffic on the way in and out.

8. Once a Wanker..

Free practice starts at noon central time. with a 6:00 PM central TV start. Pay attention to how the top riders jump the rhythm sections. It's where some will make up time on others.

I like to print the rider's numbers, especially for the 250 class. Sometimes hard to figure out. Entry list is on Racer X.

For your first ever SX, I'd plan to get there well before 11:00 if you like looking at the bikes and teams close up. It always takes longer than you think to get wherever it is you're going next.

9. Once a Wanker..

You can avoid some traffic by parking on the other side of the river.

10. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

I live just 15 minutes away in Hermitage/Old Hickory. You're not avoiding shit no matter where you park. I hate going downtown with a passion (in case it wasn't already obvious). The only exception that I make is to go to SX.

Ubering in is the way to go. Getting back out though....plan on walking a mile to get to a place that they can pick you up at.

11. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Any suggestions on lodging? Coming in Friday, about 5-6 of us, not picky, dont need a hilton, but also dont wanna get stabbed or raped either if thats a hood to avoid.

12. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

Are you coming in via I-24? Nothing closer to downtown than exit 66. Anywhere in the LaVergne/Smyrna-Murfreesboro area (exits 66 through 84) should be totally fine.

Anything inside exit 66 is trouble, if not $300/night.

13. sidepipe79

I hate people. We are staying with my parents near Clarksville so I am not sure if I will get down there super early.

E Reed likes this.
  14. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

I have paid more to stay in Nashville than in Manhattan, LA or Tokyo for no effing reason. Rates there are usually ludicrous for what it is when there is no even going on. I agree with Reed...stay about 30-40 min near murfreesboro/smyrna or even look up by 40 near Lebanon and compare rates. You might get a more normal hotel rate there vs anywhere near Nashville and just drive into the city, park and walk or uber the last bit.

15. Once a Wanker..

We always stay in the Brentwood area and find great hotels for reasonable prices the 3 to 5 times a year we visit our daughter in N-ville. Like $125.00 a night, usually. Newer area so nice and safe also.
    Could only afford to stay downtown near The Gulch where my daughter lives at the height of Covid in '20.

16. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Damn near exactly what I think about going into SLC. No parking, traffic sucks, no reason to go into downtown SLC ever. It's all garbage.
    The tiny-assed UofU stadium where they do SX is away from downtown a little bit and has parking close-ish, but still about a half mile walk. We can ride the light rail which has a station right at the stadium, but it's always full of trash people, and then they are jammed full after the SX races are over, so I switched to driving in.

E Reed likes this.
  17. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

dont hit the monsters too hard or early & wear ear plugs so you dont get fatigued from 150 db of music blaring from 10' tall speakers.