School me on investing...

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

that's how i feel about the PMP i got. cept people still like those. they let you submit ANYTHING for credit hours. its just a made up pat on the back and a bi-annual cash grab. i'll keep it for now tho, but that shit is stupid. all it does it let PM's i'm about to yell at know that they can't project speak around me haha.

2. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Chick Fil-A has an annual membership?

Sweatypants likes this.
  3. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

If they did Id eat so much theyd go bankrupt

4. pickled egg

I got some on my latest journey. Girls attacked BK while I wandered over to the the Holy Poultry.

Wasn’t impressed.

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

when your insurance company reports higher than expected earnings and they limit coverages...what a world we live in

upload_2024-4-17_10-44-25.png

tony 340 likes this.
  6. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Dont you speak ill of the lords chicken. not round here. Uh uh.

7. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

The Mafia with government approval...

tony 340 and BigBird like this.
  8. pickled egg

I’m not above goring anyone’s sacred cocks… :Poke:

9. pickled egg

Equally true with the nouns reversed…

10. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

11. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Yep. They close every Sunday to go to their meetin'.

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

12. auminer

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Last edited: Apr 19, 2024
  14. auminer

No.

Reading between the lines of the letter it seems to insinuate malice... But outright accusing malice would be ridiculed in the court of public opinion.

15. auminer

More cogently expressed (hopefully) within the limits...

If there was someone that you vehemently, viscerally despised; and it was de rigueur in your social circle to vehemently, viscerally despise said individual; and that person was the face of a publicly traded company - indeed selected his own initials for the ticker; it would be a badge of honor to short sell that company. You'd brag about it on social media. You wouldn't care if it cost you actual money. If you felt thusly, and you had serious F. U. money, you might short the hell out of it with even less concern for the result.

While that's not fitting of the definition of a conspiracy, that's what I think is happening here.

Apparently I'm not alone.

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

OK, that's exactly what I read between the lines and when you started hinting at a conspiracy a few days back. That's why I was saying that one I pictured was possibly malicious, but not necessarily illegal.

What is suggested in the link takes it one step further. I have a hard time believing that people with FU money are going to risk going to prison (nless what they're doing has a good chance of resulting in more FU money). You can't enjoy your FU money in prison.

17. auminer

"Blame my broker for not securing those shares."

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Oh, SNAP. Who has some?

19. Howard

Howard New Member

Don't play with stocks. Traditionally Buy SPY ETF. Individual stocks are risky. SPY is a basket tbat matches the S&P. Just buy a small amount every Friday to dollar save average. Set up auto investing and don't even look at it. Don't get fancy. I've traded stocks and options and to be honest my base SPY returns have been best. Keep 15-20% cash amd widen the VIX spikes put I 1/3 your cash over the next few spikes. That will give you GREAT returns. To be honest,the US is in bog trouble with its debt and with BRICS creating their own gold backed currency to dethrown the dollar as the world's reserve currency. This is going to draw momey from long term bonds and reduce their value. The stock market usually follows bonds so I've been putting money in gold the past year or so. Not physical gold but and ETF called GLD. I'd put like 20-30% in gold. Doesn't pay dividends, Warren buffet not a fan, but he's a different era and the US could back uo it's currency. I don't have a great feeling about domestic returns over the next 5-10 years. So maybe diversify w some international funds.

20. Howard

Howard New Member

Oh amd be careful.who you use. Robinhood doesn't allow you to name a beneficiary..... u die and yoir momey is gone. So id be careful who you use because if yiu decide to switch brokers later, you'll pay taxes on the gains when u sell trove it. Use fidelity or schwab.
    Im a Physicoan Associate/assist and not a trader pr financial advisor but would be happy to answer any other questions. Shoot me a message