1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When GP bikes were beauty queens.

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Apr 13, 2024.

1. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

Always a big fan of the "Antenna 3" Abe paint job show in a couple of prior pictures. And on a cool bike as well.

Honorable mention (technically not a GP bike)... I can't find any good static shots, but the original "pre-RC-30" RVF Honda...

[​IMG]

CBRRRRR999 and Sabre699 like this.
  2. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

Konica Minolta
    konica-minolta-honda-rc211v-4.jpg

Sabre699 and BrentA like this.
  3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Schwantz's bike was always the one that did it for me I think. It was also the first GP bike I ever saw up close and personal at the IMS show in NYC way back when I was a kid.

cbush likes this.
  4. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I think that plays a big role in what we find appealing about them. I can vividly remember seeing that RC30 on the turn table at the Honda dealership in Gwinnett country in my early teens. I think I am drawn to that style given the impression that bike had on me when I saw it.

The sharp pointed, winglet laden shit on the grid today just isn't visually appealing at all.

cbush likes this.
  5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Same magical vision on this side of the Atlantic. The only experience that was a match for that was the first time I saw a Ferrari F40. Totally different situation, it was parked on the street in the rain. Same magic of the spotless spinning RC30. To this day, both are favorites of mine.

cbush likes this.
  6. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

I kinda like this one after seeing it in person.

SinsheimTechnikMuseum082.jpg SinsheimTechnikMuseum092800x533.jpg

7. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

Where's that at?

8. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

The first time I saw a RC30 in person was at the 1987 Bol 'Dor. I thought they were stunning looking bikes. The sight of works bike coming onto the start finish straight at dusk when they got the signal to turn their lights on is still a sight that is as fresh now as it was then.

9. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

Sinshein Auto Teknic museum in Sinsheim Germany. Awesome place to spend a day or two. When I was there back in 2012 most of the race bikes and cars were displayed in an "as last ridden/driven" condition which made them even cooler. I had no idea that Suzuki was running a Carbon frame that far back.

https://sinsheim.technik-museum.de/en/
    SinsheimTechnikMuseum093800x533.jpg

YamahaRick likes this.
  10. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Yep, it was a box section frame with a honeycomb filling.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2024
    bpro likes this.
  11. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

12. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Dang! Had thought about visiting Karlsruhe, Germany (where I lived as a nine year old) before heading to Amsterdam in June. Looks like I have another reason to make that addition. This museum is only 60km or a two hour train ride away.

bpro likes this.
  13. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Hey Rick, Karlsruhe is where I was born. My grand parents lived there.

CBRRRRR999 and YamahaRick like this.
  14. YamahaRick

Hey Rob, that's pretty cool!

If I make the trip, I will let you know. That way I can meet your kinfolk and let them know what a Dummkopf you really are. ;--)

CBRRRRR999 and bpro like this.
  15. malamute

malamute ARRA racer

Looks similar to this one while at Iconic Motorbikes a few years back.

Edit...photo doesn't load

16. Boman Forklift

Hahaha, I guess I’m safe, my grandparents are gone now.

17. YamahaRick

How about any younger heiß aussehende cousins?

18. Boman Forklift

Three. They were raised up in Herrenzimmern. We are talking about visiting them next year.

YamahaRick likes this.
  19. JCW

JCW Well-Known Member

upload_2024-4-16_23-55-48.jpeg

It hurts... please kill me

CBRRRRR999, Sabre699 and Banditracer like this.
  20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Why would you bring that in here? You people have no respect for other people's threads.