1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pat Hennen

Discussion in 'General' started by Robin172, Apr 11, 2024.

1. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

stk0308 and dieterly like this.
  2. motodog650

motodog650 pissed-off bloody wanker

Sad story him basically being forced to race the IOMTT in which he had his career ending crash.

3. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Yeah, read that yesterday. Hope who ever forced him to go had that torment them the rest of their life.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  4. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Well, Barry Sheene did die of cancer.

5. motodog650

motodog650 pissed-off bloody wanker

6. 418

418 Expert #59

"...helping him to navigate life after his life-altering crash. He was able to perform menial tasks and was thankful for the job..."

This dude is such a dipshit. Didn't know being a jet engine tech and application engieener is a "menial task".

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/2016/march/mcn-plus---whatever-happened-to-pat-hennen/

‘Then I worked for United Airlines for about 12 years, in the Turbine Shop, where we did maintenance work on jet turbine engines. I then went to work as an application engineer for Motion Pro – one of the largest distributors of motorcycle parts in the U.S. I’m still very interested in racing and certainly don’t feel cheated by the sport. I honestly wouldn’t change a thing.’

stk0308 likes this.
  7. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

8. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately Pat's story is usually lost in the shadow of Kenny Roberts. Pat very well would have been the first American World 500GP Champion.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2024
  9. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Chip Hennen is my technical support guy for Bay Materials and I spoke with him several times last year before I found out he is Pat's brother. We had a cool conversation about GP racing back in the day and I learned Chip was also Pat's mechanic in Europe. I could tell he was proud of what his brother accomplished.
    RIP Pat.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2024
    Banditracer and Once a Wanker.. like this.