1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

So far in my limited use of it, I think this is going to quickly become my favorite optic. I’ll consider the jury still out as I still only have about 100 rounds on it. But it’s looking very promising.

2. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I have one on my Bad Rock 6.5 Creedmore. It was a “demo” from Nightforceusa.com. Saved me about $500 vs the new price. And if a brand new scope didn’t show up at my door. I’m not sure what happened. It was pristine like it had never been opened.

It’s definitely my fav long range glass. I’ve been piecing together an AR15 a little at a time to maybe move up to 2 and 3 gun sometime. I may consider NF glass on that. I also won’t mind a Vortex. They make pretty decent products with great customer service too

redtailracing likes this.
  3. redtailracing

Interesting feedback. I have no knowledge or experience with either other than reading positive reviews from others. But sometimes it just comes down to personal preference and ergo fit, which obviously varies person to person.

I’d been told for years that my love of HK and CZ pistols meant Walther would probably be the one other gun that I’d enjoy as much as those 2. Finally spent some time just handling a Q4SF a few weeks back and hated the ergos. Nothing felt natural about it. Granted I didn’t get to shoot it and that may have changed my mind a bit as I didn’t like CZ at first either but was able to immediately shoot the CZ and have my mind changed lol. And I have simply gotten used to the ergos.

My buddy that does comps with me, on the other hand, has never felt comfy with my pistols. But he finally shot a G19 for the first time a few weeks back (somehow he’d never shot a glock before) and ended up bringing a new one home for himself a week later. For reference, this cheap ass rotates a gun out or adds a new gun to his collection about once every couple years. But he just liked it THAT much. Meanwhile I’m one of those chodes that’ll endlessly bitch/drone on about “bUt gLoCk GrIp aNgLe” as if it renders the whole gun useless.

Point is lots of great stuff out there and I find it interesting gathering input from different folks on stuff and excited to hear your feedback on the MPA, especially considering I’ve heard way more about staccatos (not that MPA is bad, just far fewer people that I know who’ve used one to provide feedback).

4. StaccatoFan

A DS9 Hybrid is $3500. A Staccato P is $2500. The even comparison is the XL or maybe XC that are also over $3500.

Some one know a MPA wholesaler in PA?

5. redtailracing

Yea when it comes to the high end stuff, I try to shop the blem/demo deals as much as possible. So far it’s never been more than a packaging issue or something I wasn’t even able to find. And bottom line is those companies aren’t releasing anything into the wild with anymore than cosmetic blemishes, which I’d add on my first range trip anyways lol.

I doubt I’ll get another atacr in the future, not because I don’t love it - I just don’t know that I’ll ever be a good enough shooter to really make use of the differences between it and an nx8, which is $1k cheaper. But for this build it just felt right to go ahead and spring for the most tricked out one.

I’ve had more vortex’s than anything and generally really like them. And for an lpvo I know for a long time the razor 1-6 was basically the gold standard. But nowadays I actually don’t think I’d go that route. I’d either spend a little more and go nx8 or if i’m being more budget minded, spend a little less and go eotech vudu ffp. For those who prefer less busy reticles, leupold seems to be a good contender as well but I like my xmas trees so I don’t have any of their stuff. Just my .02 but ultimately I doubt you could go wrong with any of em.

6. redtailracing

Gotcha. I swear on of these days I’ll get good enough with pistols to be able to competently speak to the functionality of and make comparisons between the really trick stuff. I still want to try out some more of these factory comp style guns too. So far I’ve only really shot a bunch of decked out glocks, HKs, CZs, Sigs, etc. But I can’t help but feel like the purpose built stuff from the factory has to just feel and perform better. Like a Nissan GTR versus the Honda civic some dude dumped 50 grand into. Yea maybe they perform at least close together but the GTR is just going to be more user friendly and comfortable while doing it lol.

7. StaccatoFan

We are headed to the range now. Saturday is “Breakfast and Bullets”. I have my CS and my XC.
    I’m sure the MPA is an awesome firearm. So I’m not pooping all over the man’s decision. I hope he’s happy with it for many years. I’ve no experience with MPAs products for a comparison. So he’s got me there. I just know I shot RonRs Staccato P and I was in love. It just felt perfect in every way and was accurate as I’ve ever been with a pistol.

And they may look like clones. But they’re all slightly different in feel, recoil management, ergos and refinement.
    If you’re in Maryland. PM me and I’ll bring all 4 for you to try to a range. I don’t mind.

8. redtailracing

Same goes if you ever make down to Tennessee for any reason. Happy to open the safe up for whoever and go have a good time shooting.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  9. StaccatoFan

I went with David and Goliath to the range today. CS and XC.

The little CS definitely punches way above its weight class. Just so much fun to shoot.

Then. You pick up the XC. Slam a mag in and it’s a completely off the charts level of refinement. Recoil is nearly nonexistent.

RonR and redtailracing like this.
  10. S Tsotsoros

S Tsotsoros aka General Tso

The Bunker Gun Shop in Westminster. They’re selling MPAs for $3,100.

StaccatoFan and RonR like this.
  11. S Tsotsoros

S Tsotsoros aka General Tso

I hadn’t heard of them either. As I mentioned, when two guys I highly respect recommended it over the Staccato it pushed me over the edge. I’ll provide feedback after running a few hundred rounds through it.

12. StaccatoFan

I just got a couple of Urban Carry IWB holsters for my CS and P365. Wow!!! Way super comfy vs anything Kydex I’ve used for IWB.

13. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Anyone have a line on aftermarket Staccato magazines? These things are like buying Ilpro painted-up magazines.

73448239853__7D8485A6-9305-400E-8226-5B224456665E.jpeg
    Size comparison: 26 round magazine in the gun, 20 rounder’ and 17 rounder’ to the right.
    73446096671__1439E8EB-2FA8-4B86-8593-B3429E26DCC4.jpeg

$$$$&$$$ :/

14. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I have a couple for my STI Edge. Yeah, they are pricey. Mine are MBX and I bought them through DAA. I could shoot one competition round with two long ones and a stock STI. For some reason that escapes me people were anti Taran for a while way back when.

https://www.doublealpha.biz/us/magazines
    https://atlasgunworks.com/product-category-group/magazines
    https://tarantacticalinnovations.com/tti-x-atlas-completed-magazines/

15. StaccatoFan

I got some mags last year on sale from Staccato. They were like 20 percent off. Just keep an eye on your email cuz they will send one out. I think the sale I caught was a July 4th sale.

16. Resident Plarp

Well, I think those were more moolah. :D

Thanks man. Yes, signed up for the propaganda emails, so will jump on that when it comes along. I like to have 20 or so magazines for every gun that takes one. Unless it’s a Staccato, or an H&K because those magazines are all 20% the cost of the gun when new.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  17. StaccatoFan

Next time a sale is announced. I’ll be buying more for my CS and more 20 round mags myself.

18. Resident Plarp

Last week, my first shot from draw was a little slower than the overall time here. This is my best from yesterday, but still an anomaly. Most were closer to 1.1 for the first shot.

Does anyone have a routine to follow to get faster? I know it’s all about getting the reps in. I just want more faster.
    Screenshot 2024-04-10 at 20.52.55.jpeg

StaccatoFan likes this.
  19. StaccatoFan

upload_2024-4-11_23-32-6.jpeg

I couldn't resist.

Resident Plarp and britx303 like this.
  20. Resident Plarp

So that’s the type of thread this is gonna be?

IMG_6944.jpeg

StaccatoFan likes this.