1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Total eclipse - April 8, 2024

Discussion in 'General' started by mpusch, Mar 21, 2024.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

2. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Well my travel times shifted, but these guys still have short hours. I ain’t gonna make it to cleaverland by 2:30…

Next time.

3. KCFirebolt

KCFirebolt Large man. Little bike.

Drove from Flint, MI to Avon Lake, OH. Traffic was horrible in both directions. My first total eclipse, but it won't be my last. Truly beautiful. Nice to feel the world "stop" for a few minutes and just enjoy something beautiful. 10/10. Def. want to see one again before I die.

BigBird, JJJerry, JBall and 1 other person like this.
  4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Well, there's your excuse for a trip to Spain in a couple of years.

KCFirebolt and 27 like this.
  5. Pants Romano

Pants Romano Well-Known Member

We drove up to Milan Ohio on Sunday evening, and watched from family member's house. No traffic either coming or going. Guess we got lucky with both Columbus and Cleveland taking most of the traffic.

My first total eclipse, and.... just wow! So glad we made the drive since me being around for the next one is a definite maybe. :)

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  6. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

7. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

ICYMI... o_O

[​IMG]

8. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Can you get that coordinated with a MotoGP race in the same vicinity too?

9. auminer

10. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

In Ontario everyone was going to Niagara Falls to watch.
    Got up that morning and it was cloudy as hell, checked satellite and noticed the cloud band was moving and would clear western parts of souther Ontario before the eclipse.
    Started driving south through country roads and then started driving west maybe 6 miles north of the lakeshore where everyone was gonna be. Found an empty road, nothing but country around us, setup the 60x spotting scope with the welding auto darkening lens. worked good until sun started getting covered more than 50% when it started to turn on and off. Couldn’t use it then but we had the cheapo glasses as well. driving west paid off as we had clear skies and when the totality happened the 60x scope without the lens offered a spectacular picture.

I was in TN for the last one for work and without the scope it’s ok, but the magnification takes it to another level.

East of us in Niagara all they got was clouds. Glad some forward thinking allowed me and the gf to experience it fully.

BigBird, Dan Dubeau and YamahaRick like this.
  11. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Always worth the drive out of the way to go north / south on I-39, unless you drive through Chit-cago Land between 2:00 and 4:30 AM

12. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

We only had 40% here in SoCal but a buddy who went to Indiana took this shot. He’s got all the cool gear for this kinda stuff IMG_7233.jpeg

13. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

14. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  15. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Maroon.

16. sidepipe79

sidepipe79 Well-Known Member

We watched from a rest area just west of the airport on I70. Had to drive north through I65 back north and that was 5 hrs of bumper to bumper traffic. If I didn't need to work Tuesday I would have stayed another night.

17. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I didn't make it up that way so it may have been crazy. The reports said there were about 50K visitors to the city.

18. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I’ve looked at that post tens of times since you posted it I’m sure and as I just flung passed it it eclipsed my thoughts… finally :D

I have no idea what the acronym is either :D

auminer and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  19. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Why that's one of the more obvious acronyms: ICYMI = "Considering The Contingency That The Individual Perusing This Message Was Possibly Unable To Observe The Phenomenon Under Discussion..."

Or something to that effect.

wiggeywackyo likes this.
  20. auminer

In the words of the venerable sage @In Your Corner ... Eschew obfuscation

gixxernaut likes this.