1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kawasaki ZX4RR Did you or will you buy one?

Discussion in 'General' started by SpeedWerks Racing, May 9, 2023.

Tags:
?

Kawasaki ZX4RR Did you or would you buy one?

1. Hell Yes! It's gotta flippin Auto-Blipper.

2. No way, No interest, 600 money, too heavy, my wife's...

3. I'm looking and getting the next one I can.

4. I'm a "Feeler, Dibs kinda Guy" just show me the results, so I can live vicariously.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Inflation, ain't it grand!

2. Jeveritt

Jeveritt Well-Known Member

I’m curious to know what your transmission issue was. Just had mine at the track this weekend. It missed shifts numerous times and afraid there might have been some damage done.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  3. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

The first '23 ZX 4R that showed up at my dealer didn't make it through PDI, and never left their lot before the transmission locked up at walking speed. Both the c/s retaining dowel pin and bearing cir-clip were missing. No other damage was evident, but while waiting for parts, I decided I'd wait for a different one. By this time Kawasaki had announced the 40th anniversary edition. The Kawasaki sales representative did offer me an extremely generous warranty extension. I'd already made the decision to wait until the '24 production run.

Senna likes this.
  4. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Well I see I wrote 2024 twice on the spark plug notice. That's the 2023 -RR, and 2024 -R & -RR

5. Cooter!

Cooter! Sarcasm level: Maximum

Thats not how inflation works. Thats how greed works.

6. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Think so? .... Please, explain. :D

7. 418

418 Expert #59

Are you retarded or just trying to be funny?

fastedyamaha likes this.
  8. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

So was it inflation when GM dealers were tacking on $50-60K to the price tags of the new gen Corvettes or Inflation? Please explain.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think you all need to stop going down this particular road...

10. Once a Wanker..

I always chose the fork in the road @Mongo 'suggests.' There's likely pie down the road a ways..

11. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

And beer!

12. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Were you able to get the transmission looked at? I’m more and more interested in one of these, but the issues are not confidence-inspiring.

13. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

It seems like the buzz on this bike has tapered off as it doesn't have the beans to compete with lw bikes and other orgs don't have a D class which excludes the most current LW twins.

418 likes this.
  14. HAZE

HAZE Group Therapy

My son said he hit a false neutral and wouldn't shift after that
    Only had first gear, neutral and second gear
    Kawasaki put in a new transmission and it seems to be shifting fine now but the quickshifter isn't working
    They said 3 clips came loose on the transmission shaft

Last edited: Apr 15, 2024
    flygirl, Once a Wanker.. and Senna like this.
  15. Once a Wanker..

I'm doubting this explanation of the cause of your failure, after seeing what was wrong with the one I decided to not to purchase. This bike was only ridden a few hundred feet, all in first gear.

16. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Not Kawasaki but I just recently had to fix bike with transmission problem. It was clip that popped out of the grove that did it.

17. Past Glory

Kawasaki's hope for the 4RR is that fifteen percent of purchasers will take the bike to the racetrack, racing or track day. I did my part yesterday. I knew going in that I wouldn't have the stamina to do the full seven sessions, but it was rough to have to admit defeat after only three. The bike itself was a pure joy out there. It is quite a thriller when you can turn it loose with no distractions. I said it earlier and it proved out to me yesterday, this bike is most at home on a track. The only criticism I have was the brakes, a bit mushy feeling. If I were able to do trackday regularly, I would be ordering the Graves brake upgrade set before any other modification.
    While I'm comfortable walking away, it does give a bit of a sting now knowing first hand just how awesome this thing is to hustle around Barber. If you've got one, get it out there on the track.

18. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

How did the suspension feel?

19. Jeveritt

Jeveritt Well-Known Member

I didn't take mine in. It's in full race trim, so I am hesitant about taking it to the dealer. The issues started on the practice day where the clutch would slip at high rpms. I added a ton of slack to the clutch cable which gave it a terrible feel, but I didn't notice any slipping after that. My main issues were all downshifts where I would go in between gears 4th>3rd and 3rd>2nd and sound like a box of bolts rattling around. This would happen atleast once a race.

I want to chalk it up to the tune and auto-blip, but I don't know enough to say for sure. We did order the hd clutch springs, and detent springs and will install them before the next time out.

I think there is potential with the bike, you have to ride it differently than the bikes you listed. Power wise it's there in supersport trim. With ASRA at CMP the other week I had the only ZX4RR and beat R7s and RS660s

Senna and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  20. Past Glory

I had my guy copy the Roadracing World setup they changed to for their second track test run. It felt very stable and settled to me. Keep in mind that my pace is... a bit subdued these days.

Senna and Once a Wanker.. like this.