1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kawasaki ZX4RR Did you or will you buy one?

Discussion in 'General' started by SpeedWerks Racing, May 9, 2023.

Tags:
?

Kawasaki ZX4RR Did you or would you buy one?

1. Hell Yes! It's gotta flippin Auto-Blipper.

2. No way, No interest, 600 money, too heavy, my wife's...

3. I'm looking and getting the next one I can.

4. I'm a "Feeler, Dibs kinda Guy" just show me the results, so I can live vicariously.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Now I just feel like I missed out by going to Daytona instead of Barber. @Mongo can't you fix this? We can't all be Ballers like Blake Davis who did the endurance on Friday, then drove all night to race Daytona Saturday and Sunday......

t11ravis and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Talk to the Daytona Chamber of Commerce, they're more likely to move Biketoberfest than Porsche is to move their dates :crackup:

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  3. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

A baller would tale a private plane or helicopter while his minions drove his shit down

Shenanigans and Gino230 like this.
  4. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

The Goddamn Germans Got nothing to do with it!

E Reed likes this.
  5. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

They bombed Pearl Harbor

Gino230 likes this.
  6. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

A few non ballers did exactly that. Could have shared driving and sleeping

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Should have stayed at Barber, the sprint racing was great :D

8. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

ToofPic and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Kawi will have money on them, not sure if SS or SB yet.

10. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

I got the ecu flash by Graves Motorsports. Since it sits on top of the airbox, it seemed a good idea to get the velocity stacks as well. It's nice to have the full 70ish horsepower now. Also did the Roadracing World (August 2023) test suspension setting changes.They weren't kidding about the turn in improvement. The combination really brought the little bugger to life. If the weather is good, I'm hitting Barber on April 15 (STT) to experience this thing where it was meant to be.

11. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Can anyone speak to how the ergonomics compare to the Ninja 400, specifically tank size/shape.

I have shit hips and the 400 is about the max I can deal with in terms of width. Wondering if the ZX-4 is close in size.

12. Pmack

Pmack Member

The 4RR is very close in width to the N400. I'm in the Southeast(Alabama), DM if interested in a test ride.

Once a Wanker.., ToofPic and Senna like this.
  13. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Thanks! And I appreciate the offer. I'm I'm CO so Alabama is a bit of a haul. I'm sure someone around here has one.

14. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

I didn't buy the one I had my deposit on last year, after the transmission locked up being ridden about 400 ft. on the dealer's lot. Once they repaired it, the 2024's had been announced, so I decided to wait for a 40th Anniversary Edition.

I demo'd one at Daytona though. Wife rides a Ninja 400 currently, and I can tell you tank and seat is similar, handlebars are lower, and foot-pegs are way higher. I've been meaning to post on here to see if anyone can point me to some multi-adjustable rear-sets that might allow me to lower them some. Ti knees and hips for my well-used legs means they don't lift up this high as easily as they once did.

Been wondering if a new discussion might be in order for accessories, mods, and other tech discussions, possibly? I've got a lot of questions coming on these subjects, soon.

12,000 rpm sounded fantastic on my test ride, btw.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2024
    flygirl, ToofPic and Senna like this.
  15. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

You used to be able to swap the sides on vortex pegs and effectively lower the pegs. Wonder if they have vortex pegs for the ZX.

Good to hear that the tank is similar. If I ever get back to big track riding, a mild track day build ZX-4 sounds like a pretty interesting route.

Once a Wanker.. and ToofPic like this.
  16. flygirl

flygirl Well-Known Member

So if I love on mine and I don’t like it I’ll have a buyer then?

17. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

I have received two more notices from Kawasaki. The first (Feb 2024) is a factory directed modification. 2023 Ninja ZX-4RR frame drain holes.
    It seems it may hold some water if you get caught out in the rain or wash the bike, so they need to drill two more additional holes. Since I have done neither, I'm not worrying about this one.
    The second (March 2024) is NHTSA recall # 24V-221, 2024 Ninja ZX-4RR & 2024 Ninja ZX-4R and 4RR spark plug replacement
    "The spark plugs may have been damaged during the vehicle manufacturing process. It may result in unstable idle, hesitation, and engine stalling".
    Mine is currently showing 7,410 miles and never exhibited any of these symptoms, so I'm not bothering with this one either.

The extended weather forecast is looking good for that STT Barber on 4/15. Fingers crossed.

flygirl likes this.
  18. flygirl

flygirl Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting this as it includes the 2024 RR as well. Ugh that’s the downside of brand new. The initial recalls in the beginning

19. Cooter!

Cooter! Sarcasm level: Maximum

Went by our local dealer Del-Ago and looked at the new Ninja 500 and the 400RR. They put ASV levers and sliders on one with a $15K price tag.

Fifteen thousand dollars. The 40th anniversary ZX-6R was $13,500.

20. HAZE

HAZE Group Therapy

I not letting them drill holes in my frame

Finally got mine back from transmission issues, now the quick shifter doesn't work
    So it's going back for that