1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Total eclipse - April 8, 2024

Discussion in 'General' started by mpusch, Mar 21, 2024.

1. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

I'm not making you do anything you wouldn't have otherwise done if you had all the information. It's east of downtown, just off the highway.

pickled egg likes this.
  2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

3. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

They are rad

Attached Files:

cpettit, Phl218 and YamahaRick like this.
  4. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Looks like im in the path of this in SW Ohio and couldn't care less. I'll be at work.

A supervisor sent a 'foreman' text out to his crews saying to 'beware of the traffic', and plan accordingly. Even suggested a 1/2 day of work. I'll be pouring concrete with my head down. What eclipse? wtf

969 and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  5. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Yet you cared enough to post about how much you don't care.

Fascinating.

[​IMG]

6. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Challenge accepted, but delayed. If I make a trip out for a Nelson round this summer I’ll do a blind taste then. :beer:

7. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Bright and sunny here right now, supposed to max out for us at about 3:15. See if the clouds stay away that long.

Once a Wanker.., GRH and pickled egg like this.
  8. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

I find it comical that a multimillion dollar company is concerned about the 2 min eclipse

all 225 men in the field will be at jonsites, out of their vehicles. We wont be in transit for the most part at the time

truly fascinating

9. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I don't get the hysteria either... its fascinating to observe, however.

10. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

The eclipse will last longer than 2 minutes. That is just the totality. It will be significantly darker than normal for much longer than that.

Once a Wanker.. and BigBird like this.
  11. pickled egg

Hope it stays that way for you.

We got beautiful clear skies out here, and only a three hour and change drive to get to the center of the umbra.

https://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/in/@4968168?iso=20240408

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  12. pickled egg

Only hysteria I’m seeing is from the idiots-in-charge declaring states of emergency for higher than expected traffic. :rolleyes:

Everyone else is excited for the event and treating it like a positive experience to be had. Given the state of “other things” it’s a welcome and uplifting distraction.

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

14. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Saw it in nashville a few years ago. We were at Barcelona restaurant on the porch with some tapas and drinks. Pretty wild when everything went dark

15. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

I saw it from my daughter's 8th floor parking garage rooftop in Nashville also. Took a colander to take some cool pictures, but I should have figured out the 'background' for the shadows ahead of time. I eventually used a car hood to get some cool shots. It was kind of eerie seeing streetlights come on, etc.

16. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

Partly cloudy here at Camp Wood in the Texas hill country. The show starts in about 2 hours! We’ll get 4:20 of totality here peaking at 1:32pm CDT. Then I’ll be back on the road, making my way towards COTA.

17. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

18. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Well I just enjoyed a 1-hour nap out here in the wilderness. The sound of the birds and other animals was very relaxing. I feel sorry for people that live in urban areas and don't have the opportunity to experience something like this on a regular basis.

The skies are pretty clear and are actually better than what I anticipated. There is another car parked on this road and it appears to be an eclipse viewer but he's probably 600 yards away.

19. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

20. pickled egg

I believe it’s supposed to be a 1:1 ratio with falling in love.

Once a Wanker.. and Sabre699 like this.