1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Werd. Staccato magazines be bitchin’ $$$ when it comes to price. So here’s a photo of some USP magazines that I could use for an H&K catalog.

IMG_6820.jpeg

IrocRob likes this.
  2. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Honest Outlaw did a couple videos with rapper Twista who had a Platypus. They had a lot of fun and overall the reviews of the gun were mostly positive.

3. StaccatoFan

You shoot that Staccato yet?

4. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Might wanna research what a platypus actually is first lol

5. redtailracing

6. Resident Plarp

Yump!

7. StaccatoFan

Thanks! Somehow I missed that post.

8. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

platypus.jpg

9. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Gapman due to his hate of platypus is obviously only a top. :crackup:

Just pulling your leg there Gap!

10. Resident Plarp

11. redtailracing

sanee likes this.
  12. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

The Kevorkian model

13. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 5, 2024
  14. redtailracing

New can arrived at my dealer yesterday so I got a conjugal visit for test fit. Unfortunately it is just a shop and not a range so I have not yet been able to put any rounds through it. And just got a email from Silencershop that I need to update some stuff in my account, including photo, which is kinda annoying. Oh well. Hopefully I experience one of these super quick turnarounds that everyone else has been getting. can.jpg

RonR, Sabre699 and Steak Travis like this.
  15. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Nice set up

redtailracing likes this.
  16. StaccatoFan

Mmmmmmmm. NightForce.

17. Resident Plarp

Yeah, it was a thing. Glad you picked up on the joke in my first “catalog” bit.

Tomorrow’s the first shoot of the year for me. It’s a PCSL 1-gun pistol shoot 20 minutes from the house. Only 20 people have signed up, so far, but it is spring break around here so maybe that’ll explain the low headcount.

To prepare for the shoot, I built an IPSC target stand in the garage. Will probably have to practice on it tomorrow after I get my ass kicked.

IMG_6881.jpeg

RonR likes this.
  18. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I don’t practice but when I shoot I always use smaller targets than what’s at most shoots. My new favorite is two dueling trees with 6” circles around 14yrds out. Building some 4” square swingers now.

19. S Tsotsoros

S Tsotsoros aka General Tso

I found a shop in PA that had both the Staccato P and MPA DS9 hybrid so I was able to compare them side by side. The fit and finish of the DS9 was better. I then went to a range and rented a Staccato P to run some rounds and while it was a tack driver, it did not have the feel of a handgun at that price range.

Adding to my impressions, I received feedback from two guys I highly respect who switched from Staccato to MPA and assured me I would be happier with the MPA.

So… I found an MPA for less than the Staccato which sealed the deal. It arrives next Thursday so there be a trip to the range Thursday evening.

RonR likes this.
  20. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Sounds great.
    Can’t wait to hear your review.

S Tsotsoros likes this.