1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2024 Supercross

Discussion in 'General' started by Senna, Dec 21, 2023.

1. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

and another mud race... Oh joy! For the record, survival of harsh conditions is not racing. Ski

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  2. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Not according to post 112.

3. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

A interesting take on racing.

4. skidooboy

Yep, so much so, only 5 people liked it. To each, their own. For me, it is not racing. Ski

5. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I don't care for it either. When the speeds dip and it becomes Enduro cross, it gets lame quick.

skidooboy and PatricksDad like this.
  6. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

Well, the 450 main tonight was a great race, a cliffhanger that went to the last lap. And the 250 had a very popular runaway winner on the comeback. Great night.

7. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Best race of the year, or at least in the last month anyway. Not a mudder, just another challenging track, imho.

I was impressed with Ricky calling Webb's arm-pump during the race, along with many other things. Chase and Cooper are still hungry to be on top.

Senna and grapemustard like this.
  8. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Was it Chase or his bike though? Happened in the heat and the race, so could go either way.

9. Letitsnow

Letitsnow Well-Known Member

Webb's post race interview...

"My arms are harder than morning wood right now". I am now a fan.

TurboBlew, evakat, scottn and 2 others like this.
  10. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Webb is such a little motherfucker. Dude is FAR from the most talented guy on the starting gate, but just wills his way to the top.

The key for these guys is always going to be stopping Jett from getting the start. Even then, it's tough to bet against him.

Not sure what to think about Tomac anymore. It's a bummer.

11. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Good little series on MXGP. I'm ready for outdoors.

12. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

tomac just needs to do what he is doing at the front... I would like to see Malcom get a lil more hunger urgency to push forward.

13. Once a Wanker..

Tomac was getting great starts regularly last year. I thought Star Racing had something figured out, and maybe they did. It is possible every other team learned the same tricks in the off-season.

14. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Tomac’s starts are indeed a mystery. It’s not so hard that he shouldn’t be able to at least be consistent. The start is won or lost in the first quarter of a second. With ECU mapping they should be able to have the bike launch and hook up well. He needs to get the clutch out and throttle on consistently and do so in good time with gate.
    If you crowd the gate and have the clutch at the edge of engaging you can beat the gate. Just adjust how far clutch is in and away from engaging. Also look at the bottom edge right by the top corner of the gate. Your eye will detect motion there first.

brex, Senna and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  15. grapemustard

grapemustard Well-Known Member

i love triple crown formats. great rides by tomac.

would have liked to see the final race go to the wire..

barcia coming in hot. crazy crazy move.

drama with medical flags in race two.

MELK-MAN, brex and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  16. skidooboy

Barcia doing Barcia things... wasnt even in a position to pass Jett, he was going in deep, to pass the rider to the left of him, on the outside of that left hander... But, Barcia being in the midst of the red mist, never saw Jett. I am guessing he broke Jett's collar bone. He needs to be fined, sat down for a race or two. This has to end. What is it going to take, Barcia or Friese hitting someone so hard they paralyze them, or worse? Ski

Senna and MELK-MAN like this.
  17. Once a Wanker..

Damn...

No comment on what happened tonight right now. I'm just glad that chapter has closed.

I do h0pe Jett is okay.

skidooboy and MELK-MAN like this.
  18. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

There's always some bullshit move like this every season and it's one of the things I hate about Supercross. I dislike overactive race direction, but when you have BamBam consistently doing dumb bullshit like that on track, something has to be be done.

Happy for Eli, but I can't imagine he wanted to win like that.

19. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Not real sure Jett made a great line choice..he turned in WAY Sharp..yes BamBam was coming in hot (Not expecting Jett to pull out and close off his line)..if Jetthro would have taken a "Normal" line, it wouldn't have happened..he would have already been gone.

20. grapemustard

grapemustard Well-Known Member

i mean, he had like 4 guys on the outside of him. not like he could have gone much wider. i’d go so far as to say that if barcia hadn’t hit jett, he would have hit one of those other guys based on his trajectory and speed.