1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Total eclipse - April 8, 2024

Discussion in 'General' started by mpusch, Mar 21, 2024.

1. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Out in the middle of the ocean on a carrier, under darken ship and no flight ops going on. The skies are absolutely amazing. The only time I've seen anything even close was up in the Colorado mountains but even that had the light pollution from Denver offsetting the 2+ miles less atmosphere.

BOMDIVR, Once a Wanker.., 27 and 2 others like this.
  2. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

I'd be careful having the monsters with you on a boat. Don't you tend to have a lot of "boating accidents"? :D

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I don’t know what you mean.

My dear departed firearms are the horrible boatsmen, not me. ;)

A. Barrister likes this.
  4. 27

27 Well-Known Member

from the documentary Idiocracy?

ignorance has become the norm and has no bounds for sure

5. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

I was hiking in the mountains of New Zealand miles from anywhere some years ago and after a couple of wet cloudy days we got a beautiful day with a magnificent clear sunset. I thought it would be great to get up and look the sky during the night. I was very disappointed when I got out of my pit at around 2:30am. It was a full moon and it was almost like daylight, you could see for miles but the view of the stars was very poor because of it.

I was on one hand pissed off about the poor view of the heavens but also amazed at the brightness of the moonlight.

6. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Colorado full moons, I would often turn off my headlights on those rural roads at night and drive for miles. It's otherworldly. Highway 9 just south of Kremmling comes to mind.

7. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Im thinking of doing a solo trip down to St Louis to catch it. Is there anything wortth doing or seeing in the St Louis area that would be worth coming down the sunday before?

Indy is an extra hour drive each way but if theres better things to see in Indy on Sun evening thats also an option

8. 27

27 Well-Known Member

so funny story… I’ve known that guy and have called him a friend for decades… when he finally went out on his own he bought some bikes from my dealership named 27 Motorsports… he said he couldn’t figure out what to name his shop…

next time I visited he had it figured out ;) his logo was the coolest… I wanted one of me but never got one… holy shit it’s been nearly 30 years now… he was the fast guy expert when I started and learned to go fast… always helpful and always a great guy… Rueben rocks…

bpro and Paddy O like this.
  9. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

Agreed, Reuben is a great guy. He helped out a few of my friends and has been more than fair every time I have dealt with him.

27 and YamahaRick like this.
  10. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

11. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Well I'm in a prime spot right in the path and the weather's supposed to be clear for us so if anybody needs a place to view from start driving . :D

beac83, Once a Wanker.. and mpusch like this.
  12. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Passed by you at about 4am. I ain’t turning around. :D

Besides, weather foreguess I have still shows it being cloudy.

Banditracer likes this.
  13. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Safe travels through my round on the ends and hi in the middle state

pickled egg likes this.
  14. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

My ass waiting for the eclipse in 2017.
    IMAG0573.jpg

15. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I'm in Indy; got here around 5. Checked out my planned viewing spot and it looks good (no Street View). Getting there may be a challenge. Tons of vehicles on the road today.

Did manage to see this on my way to pick up supper (China Bistro Avon, IN - the food is very good).

upload_2024-4-7_20-37-17.png

ChemGuy, Once a Wanker.. and beac83 like this.
  16. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I passed the @assjuice cyrus exit after filling up further south, paid 20¢ more a gallon than I would have if I’d waited. :mad:

And my travels through Cleveland are in the dark so I can’t stop at Jack’s Deli for corned beef. :(

assjuice cyrus likes this.
  17. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

18. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Looks like you mis-spelled Slymans Deli. It's ok. Good thing I caught the mistake.

pickled egg likes this.
  19. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

I was just at my local Ace Hardware when a woman came in, looking for eclipse glasses.
    When informed that the path is 2,000 miles away, and, Monday will be cloudy, she goes " well, just in case"

I bit my tongue and didn't ask " just in case, what, the moons orbit changes?"

R1Racer99 likes this.
  20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Don’t make me do the Pepsi challenge on it!

Is it in Cleveland?