1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2024 ktm rc 8c 10 hours left

Discussion in 'General' started by AJ, Mar 19, 2024.

1. AJ

AJ Well-Known Member

2. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Lucky @ $41.5k for a bike? You have different standards than I do. lol

ToofPic and 418 like this.
  3. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

The past lots sold out in just a few minutes right? Honestly for what it includes, full data for example, and compared to a new bike plus full SBK race build, it’s not bad. But until Enough people show up with 900cc Twins and convince Mongo to make yet another class, it’s in between club race classes relegating it to track day candy. Of course a good rider would still do well in HWT twins if it were allowed. I don’t care enough to go read the rules to see though since I’m not about to drop $40k+ on track day candy.

AJ likes this.
  4. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

Trying to help in that regard. I’ll be gridding up at a few races on my 890 Duke. I’ll have to race against 750’s/600’s and get my ass kicked, but hopefully we’ll see a few more come out.

Monsterdood likes this.
  5. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Some of my pals have a couple of Kramer 890s and they came to Homestead recently. A fast club racer on that will murder anything currently in LW classes, Kaleb could not keep up on his MA twins R7. So the bike has massive potential.

I'm with @Monsterdood, When you look around for a top level race bike including data, etc. The price is not bad. This ain't your daddy's clapped out SV.

AJ likes this.
  6. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

I find it odd that in the past the new ones have sold out in minutes, but then there have been a couple of used ones on here for sale that don't move at all.

cpettit likes this.
  7. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Those who can afford $40K track toys are less prone to buy used

Wingnut, Rising and Badger911GT3 like this.
  8. grapemustard

grapemustard Well-Known Member

as an owner of a 2022 rc8c that had his up for sale for a significant discount. i think the early flippers of the 2022's kind of killed the market for the bike. initially they all sold out really quick and as soon as people got their hands on them, they flipped them for $10k more.

it's a great bike, but it needs to be ridden, it isn't worth $50k imo and $40k is pushing it. a lot of people have never ridden theirs and they just tried to flip them.

also, ktm said the 2022's were 1/100. then the 2023's were 1/200 and actually numbered. there's a lot of speculation that ktm made well over the 100 that they said they did in 2022.

Joe at kramer has been really helpful with mine though on parts and just general info.

Attached Files:

AJ, ToofPic, Wingnut and 1 other person like this.
  9. grapemustard

also, a lot of people are kind of pissed on the rc8c facebook group that ktm/kramer keeps making more and more of this supposed "limited edition" bike

BrentA likes this.
  10. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

As a trackday only guy, the RC8 (or Kramer) is my dream bike. I prefer to stay married, though, so I'll have to stick with my "clapped-out" SV.

Gino230, sharky nrk and grapemustard like this.
  11. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Looks cool! I wonder how many Miller crashed while filming the promo video? :D

ToofPic likes this.
  12. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

A local dealer (BC, Canada) brought in 2 last year - one for the owner and one for sale - it's still on the floor - hasn't moved in 11 months. He even put it on BAT - nothing...

Killer bike, but IMO it's a $28-$30k machine, not $45k (CDN)

AJ, motion and 418 like this.
  13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That's how Mclaren pissed off a lot of customers with their LT models. Nobody trusts them anymore when they say "limited" anything.

ToofPic and grapemustard like this.
  14. rpm894

rpm894 Well-Known Member

Doesn’t the new top model Kramer have better electronics than the newest KTM version?

15. voss555

voss555 Well-Known Member

Plus you can get the Kramer in "Brainerd Black".

16. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Very cool bike when you see it up close and personal but like many have said, there are plenty out there for sale still and it doesn't seem like a $40k bike.

And this is just my opinion but.... a $40k limited production track bike is gonna need more than a parallel twin for me to be interested. Lap times are cool and all but doing track days and having fun with my friends, I want tire smoke and power wheelies on demand.

Gino230, buzz-06, inpayne and 2 others like this.
  17. grapemustard

18. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

All I can think of is not even coming to a complete stop from flipping and sliding, and watching that 40k sumbish disintigrate,possibly burn to the ground.
    and tears down the face, and it being shoveled off the crash trailer back at the pits, like I've seen so many bikes over the yrs. Nope!

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  19. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

maybe when they throw a massaged 1390 SD-R motor in it it'll be more interesting. Till then I'll take a 1390 super duke, nice suspension, and a bunch of tires for track days. :)

cpettit likes this.
  20. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Those are my thoughts as well... I'd spend around $22K USD for a new one but that would be the limit. Great bike, but the perceived value is greatly diminished by the motor.