Ever talk to you boss shit fuck hammered

Discussion in 'General' started by Captain Morgan, Feb 6, 2024.

1. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

I've ridden past here. Perhaps I'll stop and pay my respects one day.

ToofPic likes this.
  2. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Behind those are a bunch of Dunagans.My papa and granny,and some uncles. My granny was a Sunday school teacher there way back.She also taught school at the copper mines right on the river.Making me miss GA! :)

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  3. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

My wife (on my request) picked up some non-alcoholic beer by Athletic Brewing Company. I'd never had a non-alcoholic beer before a couple of weeks ago, and they're not that bad (to be clear, they suck ass but they're better than water).

Athletic Brewing is actually the fastest growing brewery in the US so I'm curious to see what all the hype's about.

tony 340 likes this.
  4. Phl218

Phl218 .

probably because of the amount i buy from them

Best IMHO amongst the na’s. Heineken 0.0, O’Doul’s they all have that malty taste.

5. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Sam Adams Just the Haze is good for people who like beer that isn’t like sex in a canoe…

And Guinness NA is indistinguishable from the real thing.

But I will say I can choke down a Heineken 0.0, unlike their “real” beer :Puke:

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  6. SuddenBraking

Coming back to this - I've stayed off the booze in 2024, but now I find myself drinking "beer" at all hours of the day, including on morning video meetings :beer:

7. Phl218

Phl218 .

:crackup::beer:

8. FZRCraig

FZRCraig Offensive to Most

I would have become a drunk if I was able to stand the hangovers. You must get better at dealing with it as the disease progresses.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  9. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Some people just aren't as susceptible to them. I am. But I know others who, from the first few times they ever drank when we were teens, they just didn't get hangovers or if they did, they were very mild.

10. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Received this and thought it was thread appropriate...

upload_2024-3-29_11-42-32.png

CBRRRRR999, Sabre699 and R Acree like this.
  11. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Poof!!

Is that you Russell?

12. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

careful on that statement, there is a lot of misfortunes in the world of innocent people, a dumb hooker that choose the life choose that instead of a real job making an hourly wage, no sympathy, lots of real working moms out there

In Your Corner likes this.
  13. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

Ok n the N.A. Topic. There was an article about the guy that started athletic brewing in the WSJ about a month back. Was a good read.

the Sam Adams is too fruity for me but one or two is good on a hot summer day. I prefer athletic to all of them. Weird a few have mentioned Heineken 0.0 vs their regular beer. I agree. I like the Heineken 0.0 but can’t stand their regular beer.

I rarely have a regular beer anymore. I drink the athletic beers all the time now.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  14. Captain Morgan

Sorry being sober sucks when trying to have fun. Trying to fish gor our first marlin of the year tomorrow. Then Nippers pig roast in the Afternoon. Fighting sobriety

27 and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  15. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Just guessing, but you must not be a control freak personality type. In other words, you're OK with getting all sloppy and not GAF about what other people think?

I'm not a control freak per se, but I don't like getting sloppy and losing my decorum, so only a very light buzz will do for me. Don't like the feeling of not being able to 100% ascertain my current environment and situational awareness.

16. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Oddly enough, a goodly percent of addicts and alkies self-identify as control freaks, but possibly relish and crave the complete loss of control of a blackout drunk binge or a deep heroin nod, or on the other end of the spectrum a tweak weekend or an 8ball (or two) of llello.

People are weird.

All of us.

Like folks who've gone to see bin Laden's hideout... o_O

CBRRRRR999 and motion like this.
  17. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Yeah, I'm weird. Have to seek out things that very few people have done. Makes me tick.

CBRRRRR999, 27 and auminer like this.
  18. Captain Morgan

Not a control freak but getting older like a routine some what. At 44 getting sloppy is not looked at as the same cool as in your 20's. If it was up to me I would drink a 750ml bottle of rum a day and function. But life has different plans, lot's of things to look forward to sober. I hope mostly, sort of

CBRRRRR999, 27, motion and 1 other person like this.
  19. SuddenBraking

I have a fridge stocked full of Athletic Brewing in the garage, and drink about a six pack a day.

I went from being an alcoholic to a non-alcoholic :beer:

zamboiv and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  20. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Are their meetings any fun?

CBRRRRR999 and Once a Wanker.. like this.