1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flag etiquette

Discussion in 'General' started by CRA_Fizzer, Mar 16, 2024.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I own one thing with a flag on it, and that's my actual flag, which gets flown one day each year. For sure, the 'Merican obsession with our flag seems over the top, but when you place it in contrast with other nationalities (cough cough Russian) you realize that some other countries don't have the same value for life and sacrifice that Americans do, so when you observe with that lens, I think its OK to be proud of our flag and fly it proudly.

CRA_Fizzer and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  2. sidepipe79

sidepipe79 Well-Known Member

This drove me nuts on my kids Boy Scouts uniforms as they always have the Stars facing backwards. I looked into it and it is, paraphrasing, because the BSA are a peaceful organization and do not charge towards danger.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  3. mrrogers

mrrogers Active Member

Military- Stars facing forward into battle
    All others - Stars on the left

Generally, as long as it's being treated with respectful intent, I'm not too worried about it. It seems patriotism has had a bit of a slump throughout recent years so I'll take what I can get and hopefully, a bit will rub off on others as a reminder or a teaching opportunity. This is also from the goober who ran an American flag-themed race suit last year so I'm aware of my bias.

ToofPic, Once a Wanker.. and cpettit like this.