1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motoamerica Live+ incompetence

Discussion in 'General' started by moto316, Feb 22, 2024.

1. 72westie

72westie Well-Known Member

Just checked my account (had to make new password) as I had just gotten the Daytona race only last year. No auto-renew charges for the 2024 season. I did get 3 or so emails talking about the auto-renewal.

2. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

Was that 24-month offer sent to everyone? I certainly didnt get any email for that

3. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

New accounts only...aka, use a new email address

#customerloyaltylogic

4. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

I think I used a cc that expired in 23 so I'll have to check and hopefully everything will be everything

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, no renewal if your card expires :D

I am bummed I forgot to do the new sign up before the two year deal expired. Oh well, full price it is.

03RumbleBee and cav115 like this.
  6. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Same. I definitely cancelled mind and they definitely still charged me!

JBall likes this.
  7. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know, has MA "fixed the glitch"? I signed up for the 2 year deal and then got an email a few days later saying there was a problem and resign up and enter this code for 100 % discount since it had already been paid. I have not bothered with it until tonight. I tried to follow the link they gave and it goes to an OOPS there was an error. I'm hopeful this gets sorted prior to the 200. Looks like it should be a barn burner this year.

8. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

I went back and forth on it the last few days, but ended up cancelling last night before auto renewal kicked in.

The broadcast product is pretty good in my opinion, and I’ve been happy to support US pro road racing the last few years. However, the stories I’ve read on here about them not paying some teams the money they were owed is disturbing to me. I just can’t in good faith enable that kind of financial direliction.

9. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

Thanks capt obvious...I guess I am the ONLY one who forgets about auto renewals of crap you don't use.

I've yet to receive any emails from Live+...hence why I didn't cancel it in time.

10. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

So they singled your account out to not bombard with emails? Tricksy...

Or... you or your mail client or your mail service flagged'em as spam. Option 2 is the address you have on the account is wrong, but I'm leaning towards option 1.

I see emails from them on the topic on Feb 19th and Feb 12th, sent out using Mailchimp with valid SPF / DKIM / DMARC. Check your spam folder, and see if you're blocking Mailchimp?

11. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

I've tried for 2 days to log into my account. It says password invalid. Same one I've used for 3 seasons. Fine, click forget password link. Never get email link. Email motoamerica twice with no response. So new season, same bs to deal with.

12. javyday

javyday Well-Known Member

Same here. Guess I'll try with a different email address.

13. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

click "forgot password" and you can input your old password as your new password. You'll get into the new live plus app/website no problem.

14. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

I also didn't get any emails until they dinged my card. I just checked my spam folder and the ones about auto renewal went to spam yet somehow the one telling me they ran my card again went right to my inbox. Awesome.

15. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

Tried that. And I got " Please include an '@' in the email address. 'NotmyactualPassword' is missing an '@'.

16. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Blame your mail filter, fuck all MA can do about that other than have SPF/DKIM/DMARC setup correctly, which they do. For those digging, look for an email from
    [email protected] in your spam folder for password resets.

17. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

As my kids would say to some of yall....."Bruh".

I've had Live+ since it came out. It auto renewed this year, AT THE SALE PRICE, and I have logged in without a hitch.

MA has its warts, and I have no issue calling them out when warranted.....but it seems like yall are getting 1042 Operator Errors:crackup:

cav115 likes this.
  18. 418

418 Expert #59

This.

I was "double charged" when the payment was pending, after a few days the lower of the two charges hit. So my previous assesment of them fucking the loyal fans was WRONG.

I think the rest of the issues is some boomer territory shit.

cav115 likes this.
  19. 418

418 Expert #59

Care to elaborate? Stories? I heard one on here and it was never expaounded upon.

I gotta feeling this was more of a late payment deal than actual any delibarate wrongdoing.

20. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

It was on another thread a couple months back, maybe the MotoA 2024 Silly Season one. If I recall a couple of teams chimed in that they hadn’t been paid yet.