1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Yes, but on the other side of his prime. Rossi was 31 when he signed with Ducati. He didn't win another championship.

In that same vein I highly doubt Marc Marquez will win another championship.

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That's because he had some serious competition from 2006 on. Not because his skills declined after he and Jerry fixed that Ducati. In fact, I would contend that he was at his best in his mid thirties, as he was forced to keep up. But don't take it for me, I'm just paraphrasing something he has said itself about his skills.

3. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

C'mon now, we all know he would have if not for the the great spanish conspiracy!!

Steeltoe likes this.
  4. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Newspaper De Telegraaf makes serious allegations against Christian Horner:
    The Dutch newspaper that got the Horner affair rolling follows up - accusing the Red Bull team boss of an attempted cover-up.
    In the run-up to the events so far, there were voices that Horner might no longer be the team leader at the presentation.
    Motorsport-Total.com , Horner was offered an opportunity to get out of the matter without losing face. The plan for this was already in the drawer. Horner would resign as team boss of his own free will, and the official reason could have been health problems.
    Incidentally, an account that is disputed by sources close to Horner. There was never such an offer for voluntary resignation.
    But Horner, apparently convinced that he was in the right, did not accept this offer. On February 9th, he was questioned by the investigating lawyer, according to media reports, for more than eight hours.
    De Telegraaf has obtained access to the dossier's contents. In its latest publication, the newspaper, now detailing the allegations for the first time, asserts this claim. Interestingly, if the allegations in the story prove false, the publisher could face legal repercussions.
    It's hard to fathom that De Telegraaf would publish the story without legal counsel, given its professional standing in the media industry.
    However, according to information from Motorsport-Total.com, Horner has initiated legal proceedings against the publication.
    The parties involved have chosen not to provide further statements. Red Bull Racing has refrained from offering an official response to the published story. When contacted by Motorsport-Total.com on Friday afternoon, Jos Verstappen declined to comment on the matter. Helmut Marko, Red Bull's motorsport consultant, has turned off his cell phone. Red Bull's stance is unequivocal: there will be no comment until the investigation is concluded.

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Got an email the subscription is going up $5 this season.

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Subscription to what?

7. brex

brex Well-Known Member

White Chicks magazine.

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

9. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Just started watching the new season of Drive to Survive. Damn, Old Man Stroll sure is an ass hat. I already knew that, but wow.

sharkattack likes this.
  10. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

And for the love of God, why the hell did they bring that idiot Danica in for...

sharkattack and mike w like this.
  11. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Watching DTS now. I'm not sure who I like in this season.

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

13. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Gunther really likes the F word...

14. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

So does Guenther...

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  15. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Horner was cleared of all allegations. Though I must say, Im enjoying all the conspiracy theories about that.

16. BigBird

BigBird blah

I think they took too long to release this season. All of the spicy things already came out, like Guenther firing, Hamilton to Ferrari

CBRRRRR999 and CRA_Fizzer like this.
  17. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Well....heeeeeere we go!:crackup::crackup: tool.jpg

18. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

I hope he doesn't bring that crap to the team...

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  19. brex

brex Well-Known Member

It's who he is, so of course he will bring it to the team.
    He's done winning titles, he isn't win first. He's diversity first.
    Ferrari made a mistake.

crashman, cpettit, YamahaRick and 2 others like this.
  20. rwdfun

rwdfun

OK. I think Jeremy Clarkson is a twat but he is damn entertaining and immensely more relevant to interview on the grid walk. Amazing response to the question who he has his money on. Adrian Newey. F U Max