1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motoamerica Live+ incompetence

Discussion in 'General' started by moto316, Feb 22, 2024.

1. moto316

moto316 Well-Known Member

What signing up for MA Live+ has been like so far...literally cannot make this shit up

initial sign up -

[​IMG]

confirmation email -

[​IMG]

Go to sign in on my Apple TV, says account does not exist. Sign in on browser, says no subscription active.

Get this email two days later -

[​IMG]

Now it says I do have an active subscription, but still not able to sign in on Apple TV, follow the instructiopns to redeem with code, get this -

[​IMG]

Forward that screenshot back to them, get this response -

[​IMG]

Try it again and what do you know -

[​IMG]

Atleast I can look forward to a smooth and uninterrupted streaming service when they do eventually get the signup process right! /sarcasm

2. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Seems like someone should go through alpha and beta testing before releasing a paid service............or not.

"Throw it out there, we'll figure it out as we go along. Make them go through a dozen unnecessary steps? Meh, that's their problem."

MyWayGuy and Jed like this.
  3. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

+1, this same shit happened to me. idk what we do... guess we just wait. hope its sorted before Daytona.

doubleapex likes this.
  4. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Not give them your money?

beechkingd, Sabre699 and ToofPic like this.
  5. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

that is an option

6. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I pay the Saturday fee for the 200 and the rest of the races are typically shown on MAV TV same day for free. I hate to admit that it doesn't justify my attention enough to pay for it other than the 200.

7. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

I’ll watch any motorcycle racing on actual tv or free on YouTube. I’ve never paid for it and never will, no other sport in the world that I know of requires a subscription to watch, I’m sure I’m wrong on that but fuck paying for something that should be televised. Figure your shit out roadracing.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  8. moto316

Is the 4th time the charm??!!

[​IMG]

9. moto316

IT IS!! BRAVO MA LIVE+ STAFF! EXCELLENT WORK!

[​IMG]

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Good lord y'all are a bunch of spoiled ass bitches :crackup:

cav115, joec, Dragginass and 3 others like this.
  11. moto316

Hows that exactly? When we pay for a service and expect it to work? Yea, asking too much I guess.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Getting all bitchy about an issue that honestly didn't take you that much effort to have resolved. The amount of angst shown by you and others is fucking hilarious. I'd hate to see what happens when something actually bad happens :crackup:

I've had more hassle just trying to reset a password than this was :D

condon66, cav115, Dragginass and 2 others like this.
  13. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Like most things in life, you don't have an appreciation for how much work goes into something until you have to do it yourself. Even for a pro business like Moto America, I recognize there is a shit ton of work that goes into a weekend - the trucks, cameras, entries, parking, events, all that dumb shit right. So many little logistics with just cameras - what sections of the track, audio, cables, generator power, blah blah. Sometimes shit doesn't work, I get that. Sometimes video or audio cuts out. Whatever, shit happens.

What baffles me is the elementary design of the app. Like the shitty rock music that wasn't able to be muted every time you open the app. They would upload the videos of the podium interviews and put them so you would see who won before you could even watch the fucking race. Upload the videos to YouTube before they were available to watch on the app. Announcers would discuss the race results from the race before, so if you skipped to Superbike race, they were talking about how X rider won supersport. The shitty side-scrolling that isn't difficult that bad to navigate once you've learned it, but holy shit was it a PITA to learn. That's stuff that's easily within the quality control of the people you're hiring/paying to build said app. It's certainly not a big ask, and it just looks so...unprofessional. Definitely missed the delta on a lot of easy fixes :crackup:

cav115, R1Racer99 and ungwaha like this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Now a lot of that stuff I agree with. It could definitely be improved and tweaked.

The spoilers stuff tho, it's time for people to just get over it and realize if you're not watching live people are going to probably spoil prior races for you. Information spreads too quickly.

MELK-MAN, pjdoran and swissrcr like this.
  15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Time to get over it? No, it's not. If you have the discipline to stay off the Internet and avoid people might ruin it for you, there's no reason why you should find a spoiler when you go to the service that you use to watch the show. There is simply no excuse for that.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If you're going to the prior race and watching it later then you won't hear/see the spoiler. That'll only happen if you watch a race that happens later - at which point you should have no expectation of secrecy about prior results.

17. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

It's been well documented here how shitty MA service has been for years. Dropping out, not working at all.
    Fool me once? Yep! Twice? Yep got me again! But they can eat the deep center of my ass before I pay again.
    I'm sure there's hoops to get this coverage, but come on!! We use to watch wera races on Speedvision no problem.
    Yet 30 yrs later MA can't live feed on a consistent basis? Besides..Who wants to watch a bunch of Baggers :D:Poke:

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That, I agree with. What I had in mind was a not being provided a way to access what I want to see without seeing heavy hints along the way. Like before MotoGP figured out that there was real usefulness to a no-spoilers page. I only read your post, so I didn't have full context.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You couldn't watch even a tenth of the coverage they have live when we had the Speed shows. What we had was amazing for the time but nothing compared to now. Not so mention at least for me with DirecTV, Speedvision cost more than the app does :D

The service though I don't get, I haven't had any issue with their app on the TV, the phone (granted it works better on wifi than cell), iPad, or through the website on the laptop. Occasional glitches when they have service issues on their end yeah but that kind of thing happens and has been really rare - which is surprising given the internet service at some of the tracks.

cav115 likes this.
  20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah the MGP no spoilers is very cool. If you fire up the MA app and the main screen is previous race results I could see being upset.