1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2024 Daytona 200 aka Big D

Discussion in 'General' started by Pneumatico Delle Vittorie, Jan 11, 2024.

1. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

Should be happening. MotoA begging some companies for $1000 "donations" to cover the prize purse. :rolleyes:
    Get your company logo scrolled across the screen with the other donators during the event.

2. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

Ducati cheater bikes can too easily win the challange even with a loose hub nut... :crackup:

3. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

That was funny last year.

Nicole was on it hard haha

4. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

Mesa on Pirellis could be a force to be reckoned with in the 200...

must say I'm more excited about the 200 than in years past. Seems like a lot more talent coming into the race this year from the north and east. Wonder what the grid will look like?

I'm booking a room shortly, seems the best deals are over in Deland, unless someone has a spare room/bed they want to rent me for Wed-Sunday.

5. ttt637

ttt637 Well-Known Member

same boat, looking at rooms right now but im only there fri/sat night

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  6. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

For the last couple of years Pirelli has had the majority of the grid. But this year with all of those north of the border racers invading the US illegally (and on Japanese rubber btw) the grids will be interesting for sure. :Poke:

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  7. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Has the rule been fixed where riders magically got their laps back after the red flag? Is the D200 going to be a sprint race again?

ajcjr and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  8. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Crash at Dits office

9. tawzx12r

The rules appear to be the same for this year as last.

It could still come down to a 10 lap shoot out with everyone fighting for the win regardless if you were once lapped.

10. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

That's disappointing if true. I understood the call made last year. Rules are rules and the most important thing is to follow them. Sometimes certain procedures sound better on paper than in practice. It happens, but you stick to the book and move on. Personally, I can live with that. But I'd be hard pressed to continue to be understanding if mistakes aren't learned from and corrected when appropriate.

backbone likes this.
  11. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Think about this. Who puts up the 175k purse for the 200 and that may answer your question?

12. Dave Wolfe

13. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

MA website blows. Is there an up to date entry list for the 200?

14. javyday

javyday Well-Known Member

15. Dave Wolfe

1.28.4.b.11 seems to be the same as last yr...

Shit. Theres going to be red flags. I think the strategy becomes... Sandbag the first half of the race to save your equipment getting lapped on purpose. Then only play your hand after the second restart or after 30 lqps or so.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  16. tawzx12r

Save your equipment yeah.

Nobody in their right mind is going to get lapped on purpose.

17. Dave Wolfe

The only point of the first 30 laps now is to not crash or blow up and complete 75% of the laps. Its just a parade and you'd be stupid to break or crash out because its NOT the race.

There's gonna be 2 red flags at a minimum. Racing under the first green flag is pointless. For the second green try to get to the front half of the field. So then you have a decent position for the final sprint.

If 10 or 20 faster riders start playing games like this the rules will change for '25. Especially if they openly talk about their strategies during interviews lol

DJ Baker and Boom like this.
  18. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Why would you think they would change it? Several 500 drivers discussed this same strategy openly after Monday's race.

19. Dave Wolfe

I was under the delusion that folks still think of the D200 as a race. Now it's sports entertainment. 80 yrs of history and tradition thrown out the window so someone could now win it while completing only 150 miles? Thats my beef. I wont be watching.

Nascar is openly a parade pretending to be a race series.

Once a Wanker.. and MrGooch like this.
  20. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

So if there's a red flag and riders are down however many laps, during the restart everyone is on the lead lap? AGAIN?! Jeesh