1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OpenAI Sora

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Feb 16, 2024.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I'm speechless. I can't believe what this thing is capable of. We're all in big trouble! Basically, we're at a point now where anyone and everyone can be fooled by AI's visual capabilities.

One of my interests is being able to relive historical events in an immersive, realistic and accurate environment. Sora along with a Vision Pro is going to make that a reality pretty soon. Like, within the next several months. I'm super excited by all of this, and looking forward to seeing how it changes the world, but can't help feeling badly for all the people that will be out of a job. My kid works for Paramount Pictures, so I'm naturally concerned for him. We'll see an AI generated long form movie within the next year.

2. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

Looking forward to the new Bogart movie

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I'm not entirely convinced that several of the crappy movies that have been coming out recently aren't already completely AI generated scripts.

ducnut, backbone and Senna like this.
  4. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Fun.

Can't wait to ask off-the-cuff questions to a known person calling, just to test if it's really them...

"So did you end up painting in the inside of your toilet bowl yellow?"

5. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Go check out Marques Brownlee and his video called AI generated videos just changed forever.
    He talks about how far ai generated videos have evolved in a span of a year, going from “will smith eats pasta” which is hilarious to todays latest ai generated videos of people.

that’s an insane level of progression.

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

This isn't right. People are afraid of labs messing with viruses? Just wait…

Sabre699, ducnut, CBRRRRR999 and 2 others like this.
  7. Rebel635

Truth is going to die. How many people were exonerated because of video evidence. Now persecution can say the video is ai generated or altered.

BigBird and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  8. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

Youtubes has some nice AI generated video to go with some classic Pink Floyd, ELP, Alan Parsons etc...

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I swear you guys are acting like photoshop hasn't existed and all your favorite influencers haven't been using filters for decades now :crackup:

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Making ugly people pretty and making people do and say things that they didn't are not even the same sport.

BigBird, ducnut and cha0s#242 like this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Guess we'll just have to disagree. I don't trust anything I see on the interwebs moving or still. Plenty of speeches and such edited over the years to make people say things they really didn't, the new programming just makes it easier/quicker - same as the filters are an upgrade to old school photoshop.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It used to take some serious expertise to make fake video that was believable. And even if I couldn't spot it, I could trust that they were experts who could. This is changing. And it's only going to get more powerful, not less.

BigBird, CBRRRRR999 and Ra.Ge. Raptor like this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Agreed, it is going to get better, computer programming tends to do that. Hell some video games look full on realistic. it's pretty cool all in all.

Upside is humanity already believed obviously fake shit so it's not like they'll get even more stupid :D

ducnut and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  14. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

Your faith in humanity is honorable.

Phl218 and Sabre699 like this.
  15. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's scary. I'm more concerned about what version DARPA or some other agency has had for the past few years. We're approaching a point where you really won't be able to trust any videos on the internet, no matter how realistic they look.

BigBird and tony 340 like this.
  16. KCFirebolt

KCFirebolt Large man. Little bike.

I'm curious to see if this helps known, trusted content creators. My bride and I follow a bunch of sailing and travel channels on YouTube. I don't see how they could fake their content (at least not currently) or how someone could hack their account and publish on their behalf. Their followers would figure it out (I think) and probably forgive such an incident once or twice. Sure, people could create spoof accounts. But people see to be getting better at looking before clicking. Hopefully, the great content we currently enjoy and trust can continue to thrive.

Movie business has got to be sweating. Camera operators? Key grips? Big changes coming to that business.

17. Rebel635

Business of aerial photography and b roll film will die.
    Why pay some guy with a drone to go do aerial shots of whatever when you can just have AI make it….

18. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Entertainment should be very low on your
    list of worries when it comes to AI.

BigBird and Phl218 like this.
  19. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

What if worrying about AI *is* your entertainment?

bpro and Jed like this.
  20. Jed

Jed mellifluous

That's deep.

Phl218 likes this.