The 2023-2024 NFL Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Feb 13, 2023.

1. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

You're right...it wasn't offsides. I used the wrong term. Still only 5 yards though.

In the NFL, encroachment occurs when, before the snap, a defensive player illegally crosses the line of scrimmage and makes contact with an opponent or has a clear path to the quarterback. Play is immediately stopped, just as it is with a false start (this violation would be an offside penalty in the NCAA).

Last edited: Feb 4, 2024
  2. StaccatoFan

I think it was the first year they went to this format...if I recall Drew Brees, who was one pretty freakin' accurate passer, stank it up.

The whole Pro Bowl thing just needs to go away...I watched that first year and was done with it. Give them a nice plaque or something recognizing they had a great season and call it a day.

3. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Is your contention that it shouldn't have been a 15 yard penalty? You do realize that committing encroachment doesn't give you carte blanche to do whatever you want after that, right?

4. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

It's not the linemen they need chasing them down, it's that throwing to stationary targets (or stationary anything, in just about any sport) is unnatural.

5. StaccatoFan

From my vantage point, he crossed the line and knocked down a lineman. That's happened thousands of times and was called as encroachment. I didn't see anything cheap or dirty that warranted 15 yards for unnecessary roughness. Now, if he threw a punch or something that I missed....absolutely, I'd agree with that completely. And also from what I've observed about him, Roquan isn't by nature a dirty player. He seems to play the game pretty cleanly.

I kinda got the Zay Flowers taunting penalty...as he was standing over an opponent. My kid got a 15 yarder in the same context in his 3rd game last year. So, I got it. My kid did the same little celebration after a good defensive play in the first 2 games, but because he was away from an opponent he didn't get flagged. I could say I saw the same thing happening with KC on occasion, but no flags.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2024
  6. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Perhaps... but young QB drills involve throwing into buckets and through hanging hoops ... besides, there were plenty of moving targets they missed as well.

I guess I just expected more from some of the top names. Hurts was really bad and Tua was worse LOL

7. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

A farewell from BB to NE fans...

A BB farewell.jpg

BigBird and scottn like this.
  8. BigBird

BigBird blah

9. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

10. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I didn't hear about that. But now I kinda want to see the Niners win and see what Purdy says about having a ring and Camilla not.

dtalbott likes this.
  11. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Remember what happened to Dandelion Head after he lost the StuporBowel? Scam Franshitsco doesn’t have a good retirement plan for their losing quarterbacks. :D

brex likes this.
  12. BigBird

BigBird blah

i know this is fake, but it sums it up. Now I realize why his Dad always seemed slow/high on interviews....

[​IMG]

dtalbott likes this.
  13. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Might want to revisit the nagging wife part though.

14. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

No, I definitely don’t want to do that. :D

StaccatoFan, auminer, scottn and 3 others like this.
  15. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Chicken.

pickled egg likes this.
  16. HAZE

HAZE Group Therapy

Big game today, who ya got ?
    Andy and Patrick have been there, done that
    Chiefs 3o
    Niners 20

17. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

Don’t care and it will be the first SB I haven’t watched.

Completely disgusted with the Ravens with the way they lost, and with the NFL in general.

18. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Want to see Purdy go from Mr Irrelevant to SB MVP.

But reality is that the Chiefs are probably going to pull out a win.

The only reason I care about it is that it's a good excuse to get together with friends and neighbors and consume adult beverages.

BigBird, rd400racer and brex like this.
  19. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I'm hoping to see a good game. I'd like to see the Niners win because I always shake my head when former players that were letdowns and couldn't accomplish much go and hack on players at the same position that are doing better than the letdown ever did. And it's out of pure jealousy and hate. So I'd love to see Purdy get the ring and send some messages to little Camille and Alex Smith. Had to use first and last there as nobody remembers much of anything about his career.
    I also like Kittle and am a fan of Warner.

That said, I'm also a fan of Big Red, and would like to see him add another Lombardi to his collection. And when the Chiefs offense is running on all cylinders, they are fun to watch. It's fun to watch small guys like Pacheco sneak through and break some big runs.

I don't really fully lean to either one, I'll be cheering on some good play on both sides. Which team wins doesn't matter to me.

20. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Decided by a late field goal...either team...whoever has last possession.
    It's against my religion to root for either of these fucks. :beer:

BigBird and tl1098 like this.