1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My favorite socks right now are

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Feb 8, 2024.

1. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

I buy the roadrunner brand that are thinner. I hate cushiony socks.

2. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

I go to Costco, buy 6 pairs in a pack. Wear out, replace. Wool or cotton, and if cotton then black or white, same deal. Easy peasy.

3. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

I have moved on from socks.

When I still had feet I would buy a few packs a year of gold toe and still have a drawer full. For outdoor stuff year around Merino wool was the sock of choice. Usually a thin smartwool liner under a heavier sock more appropriate for the weather.

4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Thanks, Stumpy. Now I have a spray of water to clean off the screen.

Glad I wasn’t drinking milk. :crackup:

bpro likes this.
  5. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Tried a lot of them, Fruit of the Loom, Nike, Under Armor, Hanes. But, the best I’ve tried so far, Dickies. From Amazon, best bang for the buck imo.

cha0s#242 likes this.
  6. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

I personally like Carolina Ultimate socks. Hard to beat.

7. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

SmartWool, in both a heavy cock for very cold, winter boot weather, and a thinner, cool weather sock for every day footwear. Need to check out more of their product line.

I have a pair of Bombas that I really like the material for warm weather, but need to find in a slightly higher height for boots(the goofy clearance for your ankle bones profile sucks).

8. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

These are awesome. I have a bunch of them. I got them for running at first, now I'm moving them all the time. Luckily, I don't have your drowning swampfoot problem, unless I'm running.

9. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Do they still sell these things? Best socks I've ever owned but no longer work in a garage and all of mine have worn out!

10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

For the price they charge, they don’t lifetime warranty the socks? ;)

Steeltoe likes this.
  11. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I don’t know how anyone handles unmatched socks… all my pairs match…. None ever get lost… so much so that I could easily match them with the right amount of dingle balls on them… you know the rubber balls that magically get into your race boots and stick to the elastic tops of the socks… :)

100% cotton seems to be getting harder to find though… that’s a must as nothing else will suffice

12. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Puma ankle socks. White with blue cats.

13. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

TMI.

BigBird, Steeltoe and 27 like this.
  14. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

This ^^^
    How y'all losing socks? They go on your feet, they don't have feet of their own.

27 likes this.
  15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I’ve got a 12yo with size 9’s that confiscated dear old dad’s socks. And his sweatshirts.

Thank Jeebus she doesn’t snag my grundies! :Puke:

ToofPic, BigBird and 27 like this.
  16. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

We had a sporting goods closeout/overstock store called Sierra open up near where I work. https://www.sierra.com/

They had a large selection of smartwool socks at a really good price. I was a big fan of their stuff , especially the lighter weight merino socks which worked really well in warmer weather under my work boots.

BigBird likes this.
  17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Get used to not having any that’s yours.
    Shit, my kid even stole my freakin’ Cannibal Corpse t shirt!
    You get it, wear it once and it’s gone!

ToofPic likes this.
  18. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I have a hoodie that I got from Christmas many years ago. I haven't seen it since I hung it up in my office closet. I've never warn it. I hear it has a new home somewhere else.

19. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

That’s easy for you to say, you never progressed beyond kid sizes! :Poke:

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Sam used to steal my shit. The kid steals my shit.

stick - the kid wears the shit I stole from you. :D she’s miss Bridgestone and her team mates all want that shit. :D

27 and stickboy274 like this.