1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fast food price increases

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Feb 5, 2024.

1. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

I am lucky as there is a place near me that has great meat prices...especially if you buy in bulk. I get a whole Top Sirloin - Prime Grade for $5/lb...actually its up to $5.50 now. Super tender and flavorful for steaks, pot roast, fajitas, chili, etc.

85% Ground beef is $3.50/lb if you buy 10 lbs.
    10lbs of bacon is $30
    Whole boneless pork loin is $1.90/lb
    Center cut pork chops are 10lbs for $20.

Best part is when you buy the whole thing they will cut it as thick or thin as you want. Most goes into the garage freezer. Spend about $200/month there.

https://lowerysmeatandgrocery.com/advertised-specials/

KneeDragger_c69 and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Huh. Only 525 miles away and $300 in tolls through Shitcago for me to get there.

CBRRRRR999 and ChemGuy like this.
  3. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Ill let you know if I come up that way and you can put in an order...

Or take the kids on a vacation to see the dunes and swing by.

4. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Chic Fil A here a chicken sandwich medium combo is $11.

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

It's something they started not too long ago, but yeah if you don't pay extra, you'll just get the chicken alone

6. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Fast food is for simps. No one should be eating that shit and if you do it should be taxed so the rest of us don't have to pay for your beetus treatment down the road. Food shouldn't come from factories. It grows on plants and trees and walks on hooves or swims in water.

The Todd likes this.
  7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Might be rolling through end of March for sprung broke. Will let you know if it materializes. Thanks!

ChemGuy likes this.
  8. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I hear high horses make good eatin'. :Poke:

9. rpm894

rpm894 Well-Known Member

The best fast food / fried chicken there is. I lived about a mile from one in Texas. I really missed it when I moved to DC. They have now opened one on 95 south of Richmond I hit every time I go to Barber, Roebling, NC Bike, RA, or CMP . . . and on the way back too.

BC likes this.
  10. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

April 8th eclipse through western-ish Ohio

11. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I was at a nice resort in Puerto Vallarta a few years back and ordered nachos while drinking in a beach cabana. They came out exactly like that. Individual chips with all the toppings hand placed and broiled. At first we were all 'WTF' and then after we ate we realized small portions are a good thing. Just enough to hold us over for a few more hours on the beach and not ruin dinner.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  12. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

I worked at an El Chicos in Texas during high school and that's how they did nachos. Each chip got a dab of fresh refried beans and cheese then baked. Basic had jalapeños and sour cream, supreme added fresh guac.
    A little more time consuming but a very different experience. I love them both ways and just about anything on them.

The Todd and Jed like this.
  13. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Also going through Houlton, ME.

Wanna go someplace different. Girls haven’t been to Texasssss yet. And April in Dallassssssss is gonna be better than April in Cleveland. ;)

vfrket likes this.
  14. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

[​IMG]

15. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Maybe the lettuce but do your homework on the cheese beans and sour cream

16. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

tomato's

Ski

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They quit using real flames so I think they taste different.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If that's an issue never talk to anyone who has worked back of house in any restaurant anywhere.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Only with a man bun and a made up pronoun :crackup:

mike w likes this.
  20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Got the Donald’s on Saturday because we were running late and it was there. 20 some bucks for shit food but the do a great nugget. :D