1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carfax for airfence

Discussion in 'General' started by notbostrom, Feb 1, 2024.

1. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Can anyone run one in exchange for an airfence donation

Removed

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2024
    BrentA likes this.
  2. notbostrom

anybody?

3. notbostrom

4. cincigp

cincigp Well-Known Member

Are you REALLY sure you want to do this asked the owner of an 06 LR3 HSE...

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Did you run it? When it’s done I’ll kill the vin.

6. notbostrom

Yeah it's a sick addiction to air suspension

BrentA likes this.
  7. notbostrom

Ran it but history was sketchy

8. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Starting with the factory it was made?

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Cool. No idea if all the shit about carfax scanning for threads like this are true but better to be safe.

notbostrom likes this.
  10. cincigp

HAHA My advice was going to be just go ahead and replace all 3 air valve blocks with OEM and get yourself an IID tool, but it sounds like you know all about that. There are much worse things to be addicted to than air suspension.

11. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Hookers and Alfas?

12. cincigp

Alfas for sure.

13. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Tell me more... I bought my son a 2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharged for his 16th birthday like an idiot. Already replaced all the suspension. The compressor is next...

14. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Friends mom wanted to buy a 2010 Land Rover LR4 with 176K miles on it. Told him to tell her to run away. Well shes stubborn and went to test drive it anyways. Apparently when her and teh sales clown were out on the road, she hit the gas and it billowed a big black cloud out the pipe and all the lights on the dash came on and started to run shitty. Ended up buying a Navigator.

15. cincigp

Honestly, once I spent about 3K in parts to get everything sorted how I want it, the LR3 has been pretty reliable. If you went through the air suspension there isn't a whole lot more to worry about other than the pesky electrical issues that pop up and the transmission having a mind of it's own. The IID scan tool is worth the cost. I think there are occasionally some issues with those supercharged engines though.

16. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Yah the suspension has been the biggest problem. Car only has 100k miles. Beautiful exhaust system on it, black on black. Dream car for my son. Engine has been good other then a failed injector which was not cheap to replace. I replaced all the suspension bags all the way around. Also the suspension control module. Guy at the shop told me the air compressor was bad but I was already at $2k bill so figured my son could replace that himself. Kind of kicking myself for not converting the suspension to standard coil overs as I have that much into the suspension now.

17. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

18. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

So, what if the air fence I'm about to hit was frequently repaired? Should I crash in a different place? Shouldn't it be called "FenceFax"?