1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loud ass generators are not even remotely friendly

Discussion in 'General' started by roy826ex, Feb 19, 2016.

1. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I got a low usage 3000w Briggs & Stratton inverter generator (P3000) for $300 in great shape. Runs everything I've thrown at it, quiet, and always starts on the 1st pull

2. No Brakes

No Brakes Well-Known Member

I ran the older 2200 Ryobi genny for a few years. Not a bad genny, but the new WEN 2250 I bought 6 months ago is better built and almost half the cost of the new Ryobi.

3. Dillonjohnson

Dillonjohnson Well-Known Member

Does anyone have a Predator 9500 quiet generator? I have a 3500w right now, but im going to but a bigger one. They rate the 9500w at 67 DB at 25% load, and my 3500w is 56 DB. Curious how it compares sound wise to a standard not "super quiet" generator. I have a 13kw Firman and that thing will get you kicked out of the paddock. It sounds like an ISX cummins at 2500rpm, its ridicilous.

4. Lawdog78

Lawdog78 Well-Known Member

5. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

That's pretty accurate. We had two teams next to us in Texas that had them. I would say they were on point with the Honda's that were running. One of the teams lost their 3500 so they brought the 9500 down. It was noticeable but not bad at all.

Here is a pretty decent review.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  6. Dillonjohnson

Right on.
    The Duromax 16kw looks great, i probably wouldn't need that much. I have a 20KW diesel in the bus, but i dont run it all the time.
    I just put a tire machine and 8cfm compressor in the trailer, and it looks like the 9500 will be plenty for that plus a couple sets of warmers.

7. Zoomie

Zoomie Well-Known Member

IIRC the BTR team had a row of Predator 9500s

8. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

That they did. It's actually funny when you walk through the pits how many teams will take the stickers off or cover up the Honda and Yamaha Generators. However, every one flys that HF flat proud :D

9. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

418 likes this.
  10. Dillonjohnson

I did end up getting a harbor freight 9500 inverter. Works great. Slightly louder than the 3500, but very slightly. Gonna strap the 3500 tucked away in the trailer for emergencies. The 30 amp 240 plug is nice, I can hook my entire trailer to it without any worry of overload with all the warmers, compressor, tire machine, lights etc. pretty excited to use it at the track.

Lawdog78, BrentA and mpusch like this.
  11. BrentA

BrentA Very expensive.

Sweet.
    Hope you love it. I'm still a fan of my 3500. Very good generators.