1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1979 Kawasaki KZ650

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by BlueR32, Dec 26, 2023.

1. BlueR32

BlueR32 Well-Known Member

I recently picked up this sleeping beauty that's been sitting for a few years. Previous owners did a pretty rough job of turning her into a Cafe Racer. I don't plan to do much except get her running and then sell on. Just curious if there's any interest in this for any of the Vintage Racing classes?
    KZ650.png

2. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Just why…post up their address so we can go kick them in their ballsack for building that monstrosity

turner38 and BlueR32 like this.
  3. jimmyboost

jimmyboost one buck a boom

I've been looking for a stock KZ for a dickaround street bike. Do you have a title? What are you looking to get?

4. BlueR32

It does have a clear NC title. Was thinking around $900 obo

Buell1965 likes this.
  5. Buell1965

Buell1965 Well-Known Member

Screaming deal @900.00 and the KZ 650 engine is bullet proof .

BlueR32 likes this.
  6. BlueR32

Got the motor running and she sounds pretty sweet. Good consistent compression across all four pots too. Still open to reasonable offers but also thinking about keeping her and doing a light refresh - maybe the restomod route something like this:
    Resto Mod – 1978 Kawasaki KZ650 | Bike-urious

7. BlueR32

If anyone has any stock KZ650 body parts that they'd like to dispose of I would love to hear from you! Here's a list of what I'm looking for:
    Seat & ducktail
    Side Cover Left
    Side Cover Right
    Front Fender (19")
    Rear Fender (under seat) (18")
    Gear Shift Lever (stock)
    Wiring harness
    Rear Brake Lever & assembly (for disk brake)

8. 2Big4Bike

2Big4Bike Well-Known Member

PM sent

9. BlueR32

Hi All, quick update....too many projects ongoing and I need to finish something so have decided to sell the KZ650 as-is. I cleaned out the carbs and replaced o-rings where needed and installed new float bowl gaskets. Changed the oil and installed a new filter. Did some basic re-wiring so now she has head, tail & brake lights. Starts up and runs pretty smooth. There was a bit of a hiccup with the title but that's all cleared up and I will have a new NC title in my name in a couple of weeks. I can deliver within 150 miles of Cary NC for $900 cash. Or $750 cash if you pick it up.

10. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Bump for this guy. That's a deal, somebody go buy this thing.

BlueR32 likes this.
  11. BlueR32

Sold!

Banditracer likes this.