1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | 2024 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Sep 24, 2023.

1. L1MTD

L1MTD Active Member

This is the wild part to me. I went to champ school a few years ago and met Kyle Wyman (fantastic dude) so that made me want to check out the baggers.

Seeing them do 2-3 lap races baffled me. I thought I was being pranked. I stopped watching but are they still doing these super short races?

henry_carlson and MrGooch like this.
  2. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Are you talking about the Mission Bagger Challenge? It's based on the same concept is a dash for cash in flat track racing. They take the top qualifiers and put them out there for a short race for a stack of cash before the main. Winner take all.

3. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

koth442 and Chazzz like this.
  4. L1MTD

L1MTD Active Member

I haven’t paid enough attention to the why behind it. Just casually watched a few times awhile back and was really confused. Watching a class do 2-3 laps and having those laps be like 15% of the time vs the time needed to clean up the oil after them seemed like a wild concept.

Gixxerguy855 likes this.
  5. Michael Bassani

Michael Bassani Well-Known Member

I am an extremely punished Honda fan.
    Do NOT give me hope like that.

I love my CBR600RR despite having the absolute worst engine in the 600 field, and largely being the slowest 600 (but that might just be my riding).

ToofPic likes this.
  6. Chazzz

Chazzz Active Member

Rocco Confirmed to Vance & Hines / Revzilla Bagger

Attached Files:

AndrewG725 likes this.
  7. Chazzz

Chazzz Active Member

Ya'll talk a lot of shit about oil clean ups with the bagger class, but correct me if I'm wrong I'm pretty sure there was equal amount of clean ups needed in SBK as there was in Baggers in the 2023 season.

I'd rather watch 3 Laps of dudes bangin bars than 25 laps of Gagne 40 seconds ahead of the field anyday.

Eeyore, Steady T, ajcjr and 5 others like this.
  8. khill

khill Well-Known Member

I love the Bagger challenge. It comes right after their last Q, so it makes for a pretty exciting couple of sessions.

Ken

grasshopper and ajcjr like this.
  9. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

correct, very red flag free season for the bags

KWyman133 and Chazzz like this.
  10. AndrewG725

AndrewG725 Well-Known Member

multiple superbike rides grenaded when we raced at COTA last season including bad oil spills and even a rider catching on fire. But yeah, MUH BAGGERS BAD

11. AndrewG725

AndrewG725 Well-Known Member

Rocco publicly confirmed he has a premier class ride! Good to see he can actually make some money racing.

5axis likes this.
  12. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

Timeless...
    upload_2024-1-18_14-6-57.png
    Esp. The GTv6
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 18, 2024
    HPPT and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  13. L1MTD

L1MTD Active Member

Guys, like I said, didn’t watch any baggers races this last season. All based off the previous season. I don’t have a dog in this fight.

And twins cup and SS have been my fav classes to watch. So I’m not a “SBK is great, Baggers are dumb” guy.

KneeDragger_c69 and Namarow like this.
  14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Watching Yves Loubet do his thing in the Monte-Carlo or Corsica WRC races was always a treat.

SpeedWerks Racing likes this.
  15. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

I had a GTV6 and it was a fantastic sport tourer. Sounded good too.

16. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

Yoshimura Honda Gold Wing Bagger!!!

Once a Wanker.., Robin172 and 5axis like this.
  17. PatricksDad

PatricksDad Won’t die a blob

18. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

Pops is rolling in his grave over this notion :crackup:

AndrewG725, evakat and ToofPic like this.
  19. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

I think he would be porting cylinder heads for it now if he was still around.

stk0308 and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I had a GTV6 and when it ran it was awesome. Eventually sold it to a shop who had the time to battle the rust war.
    Drove a Milano quite a few times and wish I had the money to have bought it from the owner. Originally he bought an auto (I think it had 3 cog gear box) and that was aweful. He took it back and got the manual and it was great.
    Both cars, you could steer with the rear and hang it out.

Just had to make sure you had the broom handle for when you shut the car off and hope the parking brake held. :crackup:

SpeedWerks Racing likes this.