1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2024 Daytona 200 aka Big D

Discussion in 'General' started by Pneumatico Delle Vittorie, Jan 11, 2024.

1. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Is there no racing on Sunday? What’s the schedule? I’m assuming:

Thrs practice
    Friday - 200 and 1st races for support classes
    Saturday- 2nd races for support classes

Is that about right?

2. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

D200 is on Saturday and a few other races.
    Not sure about Friday racing.

pjzocc and 418 like this.
  3. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Friday will be practices and 1st qual sessions.

4. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Nice to see some new guys coming to race and a bunch more from the great white north! Sure looks like a 3 tire brand tire war is developing for 2024.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  5. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

6. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I think you can set up anywhere in the infield grass areas. Bathrooms are pretty nice.

7. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Gino since you be a Floridian, please help the great white north racers with your restaurant recommendation around Daytona that has the best poutine?

8. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

Was hoping someone would finally chime in!

Are you running the 200?

9. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

Cam said he was on the MA podcast

10. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Nope, but we'll be there running Twins Cup and supporting Kaleb in his Twins Cup effort.
    Ha! I actually avoid going out too much when we're there because the crowds- we usually cook at the RV. Our Daytona tradition is the Hibachi place down Williamson Blvd from the track.

I haven't been over the bridge to the beach since Bike Week 1994 which was my first trip to see a race and what got me determined to enter one. We keep saying we're going to to take the scooters over to Main Street but we never do it. :crackup:

11. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Any suggestions on where to stay for racers not RVing it?

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  12. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Hampton Inn.

Once a Wanker.. and Kurlon like this.
  13. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

So reading between the lines here, you're making poutine at your RV for the Canadians all weekend? Cool

14. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Just in case Gino needs this;
    Ingredients

Poutine Gravy:
    • 3 Tbsp cornstarch
    • 2 Tbsp water
    • 6 Tbsp unsalted butter
    • 1/4 cup unbleached all purpose flour
    • 20 oz beef broth
    • 10 oz chicken broth
    • Pepper, to taste
    For Deep Fried Fries:
    • 2 lbs Russet potatoes, (3-4 medium potatoes)
    • Peanut or other frying oil
    Toppings:
    • 1 - 1 1/2 cups white cheddar cheese curds, (Or torn chunks of mozzarella cheese would be the closest substitution)
    Cook ModePrevent your screen from going dark
    Instructions

• Prepare the gravy: In a small bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in the water and set aside.
    • In a large saucepan, melt the butter. Add the flour and cook, stirring regularly, for about 5 minutes, until the mixture turns golden brown.
    • Add the beef and chicken broth and bring to a boil, stirring with a whisk. Stir in about HALF the cornstarch mixture and simmer for a minute or so. If you'd like your gravy thicker, add a more of the cornstarch mixture, in small increments, as needed, to thicken. Season with pepper. Taste and add additional salt, if necessary, to taste. Make ahead and re-warm or keep warm until your fries are ready.
    • For Deep-Fried Fries: Prepare your potatoes and cut into 1/2-inch thick sticks. Place into a large bowl and cover completely with cold water. Allow to stand at least one hour or several hours. When ready to cook, heat your oil in your deep fryer or large, wide, heavy cooking pot to 300° F.
    • Remove the potatoes from the water and place onto a sheet of paper towel. Blot to remove as much excess moisture as possible.
    • Add your fries to the 300°F oil and cook for 5-8 minutes, just until potatoes are starting to cook but are not yet browned. Remove potatoes from oil and scatter on a wire rack. Increase oil temperature to 375°F Once oil is heated to that temperature, return the potatoes to the fryer and cook until potatoes are golden brown. Remove to a paper towel-lined bowl.
    • To Prepare Poutine: Add your fried or baked fries to a large, clean bowl. Season lightly with salt while still warm. Add a ladle of hot poutine gravy to the bowl and using tongs, toss the fries in the gravy. Add more gravy, as needed to mostly coat the fries.
    • Add the cheese curds and toss with the hot fries and gravy. Serve with freshly ground pepper. Serve immediately.

backcountryme likes this.
  15. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

If your gravy doesn't start with pan drippings.....

16. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

But... real poutine sauce isn't gravy?

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  17. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Correct... it's "sauce"

The poutine sauce is more liquidy then your typical "gravy"

Shit... I might just bring the famous Quebec curd cheese and the sauce.
    Maybe make a little shindig at our RV :cool:

backcountryme, Dan Dubeau and Kurlon like this.
  18. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

What did Cam say, when he was on the MA podcast?

:D

19. Christopher Graybosch

Christopher Graybosch Well-Known Member

I always enjoy Caribbean Jacks off the inlet away from the beach. That’s my go-to with the wife when I’m in the area

20. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Whaaaaat? While I'll be damned. I honestly didn't know that. Grew up eating what Gram made, which was always traditional pan dripping gravy, with cheese curd. I always looked down my nose at crappy sauce "gravies". My entire life is a lie.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.