1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is A. Gobert still alive?

Discussion in 'General' started by dylanes21, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I’d say he was the goat when it came to fan interaction. Can’t think of a close second, maybe Jamie or the bostroms but it wouldn’t be close.

his brother Aaron was and probably still is a good dude. Only met Alex once or twice and not a bad dude in those limited interactions. Good peeps I’d say.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  2. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

I was fortunate to meet him several times when i was in the indusry. He was one of the nicest you will ever meet. He loved his fans. He would ofter spend time hanging with them instaed of being in his garage. Setup wasnt his thing. He was bottoming out the forks on his bike and the team asked what spring he wanted to try. he said "just leave it like it is, its fine." He actually asked if he had seen me at daytona the year before and in fact we had talked at Daytona for quite a while. I never saw him without a smile on his face.

3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

4. jfcasley

jfcasley Well-Known Member

godspeed

5. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

"Gobert, accompanied by former GP rider Stu Avant, whom Taylor had hired as Gobert’s minder."

Now there's a man who got into a few shenanigans in his day. He initially hung around with Phil Read and then ended up being good friends with Sheene, Parish etc., not exactly squeaky clean that lot.

backbone and stk0308 like this.
  6. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

The guy was magic on a bike. Sure, he was a shooting star, but we all know who he was. I would say he accomplished quite a lot before he took the final checkers.

7. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

What I want to know is...

Whose helmet did he wizz in? :D

cav115 likes this.
  8. motodog650

motodog650 pissed-off bloody wanker

9. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

This. Sad to see. No one ever said, "boy, my life got so much better once I started doing drugs."

cav115 and Jon Wilkens like this.
  10. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

i said the exact same thing earlier in the thread, been saying it for years.

DrA5 and Jon Wilkens like this.
  11. 418

418 Expert #59

Can we stop with the don't do drugs BS? I will drink any of your mfer's under the table and probably do the same with some recreational drugs but at any point in the activity I can stop and walk away without any hesitation.

And there is people that simply can't. I hate to call it a disease but I'm convinced it's something genetic, some people are just wired different. So to kind of dumb it down to "don't do drugs kids" is pretty shitty in my view. There is bigger forces at play here. Pretty sure nobody ever dreamed of dying as a 48 year old drug addict.

rant off.

AJ, scottn, mdub048 and 3 others like this.
  12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't have any data on it but I would contend that a lot of people have said that after starring to hang out with Mary Jane. Not necessarily for recreational purposes, but you didn't specify…:D

gixer1100 likes this.
  13. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

That's the whole point. Drugs affect different people differently. They can trigger serious illnesses with some and have little to no long term effects to others. The point is : there is no way to know what you're getting into. Some risk it, some don't.

KneeDragger_c69 and Jon Wilkens like this.
  14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Weak rant. If you never start, you will never have any issues with it, whether you have the addiction gene or not.

Try again, junkie. :D

Nathey, Johnny B, MGM and 8 others like this.
  15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Found the eastern bloc motherfucker. :D

16. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

Here's the deal...I can promise you 100% that if you don't do them...you will not get addicted to them. ZERO chance you can make the same promise if you try them. I guess some folks are strong enough to just not do them and never worry about it or what all comes with that crap. Some make good choices...some don't. And in AG life...he made some seriously life altering choices. Those life altering choices would have never happened had he simply chose not to do drugs. Of course...he could have had a get off and either been killed or severely wounded for life...so there is that too I guess.

DrA5, cav115, gixer1100 and 1 other person like this.
  17. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

Had the pleasure of meeting him a number of times. I always felt that he was never the same after his girlfriend Suni died.

I will remember him for his on-track exploits...RIP Go Show.

418 likes this.
  18. Christian157

Christian157 Well-Known Member

RIP Go Show..

19. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

Wasn't it Hodgsons?

20. motion

motion Nihilistic Member