1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2024 Supercross

Discussion in 'General' started by Senna, Dec 21, 2023.

1. Awesome!!!

2. buzz-06

buzz-06 Well-Known Member

Touché

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  3. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Wheelchair Pimp

protect him? He went pro at 16. He could’ve stayed Am last year but he did so well at SX futures they put him in for east coast SX. Only reason he’s in the East is the injury and the East is pretty stacked this year. There’s 5 star Yamahas in the East lol

I didn’t care for them after the claiming incident but that family is a hardcore racing family and lil deeg is awesome to watch. I am tired of the me me me and YouTube deal

I’m hoping Evan Ferry has a good year on the triumph. Finally getting past some injuries

Last edited: Jan 15, 2024
    Senna likes this.
  4. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

Most young kids just get to rise or fall on their own talent and achievements. He seems to have a self promoting dad that has focused those “talents” on him. I kind of feel sorry for him, surrounded by all that fluff to the extent his own solid achievements seem to get lost, and his fame seems in part to belong to his dad.

5. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I don't know. Brian was decent but Haiden has more talent in his pinky than Brian ever did, IMO. His accomplishments will be recognized by any true fans.

6. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

I didn't like all the claiming bullshit, and how it looked. I came into last season already anti Deegan. But the skill and speed changed my mind. I don't do social media so I can easily ignore whatever is going on there, and just watch him race on weekends and I'm impressed. He's fast. And that's entertaining and good for the sport.

Once a Wanker.. and Scuba Steve like this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The mud fest was fun as hell to watch :D

evakat and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  8. prm

prm Well-Known Member

The videos with Deegan training with Eli were pretty cool. Up to this point I have been rather turned off by the Deegan persona. Those videos portrayed them a bit differently, and most importantly, just very driven to do the work necessary to be better. I respect that.

9. eggfooyoung

He's also a kid stuck under his dad's tutelage. Hopefully he finds his own way (to a point) and it's not a repeat of the Alessi brothers.

Shenanigans likes this.
  10. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I think Matthes said on Pulp MX that Deegan is a polite kid and most in the industry don't have anything bad to say about him.

11. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

They cant say anything bad about him, as Brian shuts them down, with defamation claims. He could have the most talent, and be the most humble kid but, with his dad being a superdouche, he gets lumped in there with him.

I really think this wrist deal can be problematic, for the kid's longevity in the sport. Ask Eddie Kraft how hard this injury is to come back from. If they rush this to keep his name and prospects up, they will ruin the kid. Ski

12. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

13. Ya but Eddie couldn’t stop touching himself :) :)

14. Heard the same from multiple outlets, and at least two of them were real non-Haiden fans and doubters.

eggfooyoung likes this.
  15. Alessi brothers are a different animal. Haiden will slowly move into positions where dad steps away more and more. I think Brian also has some smart people around him and a lot of the video content is not scripted but very well edited.

eggfooyoung likes this.
  16. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

17. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

I saw that yesterday, one outlet reported broken wrist, then Dad said he hurt his "man parts", and his thumb was sore. Guessing/hoping it is skier's thumb, and no more. I have had that a few times, it sucks, it hurts, and stays sore for awhile. Ski

Senna likes this.
  18. eggfooyoung

Yeah, after looking at my post you quoted, it reads a little differently than I intended for it to. Tony was a tyrant. Brian, not at all. I was really talking out of my neck about him coming of age and being able to make his own decisions. Heck, he may be now for all I know. Brian definitely presents himself as a much better promoter and coach than Tony ever did.

19. I just would love to know who taught Mike A how to get out of the gate?

20. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

He could probably make a good living contracting out to teams to work with their riders on that.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.